Japan goodies

A place for SPAMM members to sell, buy, and trade anime goods.

Moderators: Megaton, Niehaus, Moderators

Japan goodies

Postby dyre on Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:49 am

Nearly one day from now, I'm off to Japan for my yearly vacation. I've made the trip each year since studying abroad. And this will be my 5th time since. I'm a rather adamant game collector, and I have found nearly every game I've ever looked for. And for relatively cheap as well. Auction sites such as Ebay (spelling?) and whatever have sellers which make huge profits because people don't know how cheap some games are over there. (Of course, I'm sure they factor in traveling expenses, and other fees as well)

Though, sometimes games are just that expensive. In a previous year, Zach has asked me to locate Metal Wolf Chaos. I certainly did find a copy, but the stores were selling it for $75, so I did not purchase. But, every other game I have found at a reasonable price. (usually $20 or less). I've also found several $5 coin naked figures for Megaton.

I come to you at cost! (mostly) Is there anything (within reason) any one wishes for me to locate for them? Beyond games, there's plenty of anime and books to go around. Though, I'm more inclined to find games.
_________

So far, my list is rather short. It only includes a copy of Rocket Slime on GBA, and a Famicon (plus some games) for my brother-in-law. Also, a copy of Groundwork of Evangelion 2.22, which was released a week or two ago.
WARNING: blah blah blah sarcasm blah blaghh balls

FALCOOONN PUUNNCCCHHHHH!! -- Falcon Puunch!! x2

Support LISP Ban COBOL Love JAVA Also, Love FLEX... Also, Fuck FLEX.. Also, Fuck Java. Fuck client requests
dyre
Alumnus

Re: Japan goodies

Postby chronomeister on Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:29 am

dyre wrote:Metal Wolf Chaos.... the stores were selling it for $75

:(

That's about the only thing I can think of that I would want. Project Diva is the only thing I may be interested but I'm without a PSP to play it so, nah. Or this game for the lulz. Kinda stopped trying to get stuff I can't understand. Wait, there is that.... [mumbling]hmmmm Amazon price is at ~$600 used so that's proly a no go. Though I could go with the 3 individual disks but that's still ~$300... Plus it's not a game so...[/mumbling] Goddamn dollar <unrelated rant here>

Oh well, have fun dyre.
()~ KIRABOSHI!
its a good day to do what has to be done by me - John Freeman
chronomeister
Digital Champion

Postby dyre on Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:41 am

chronomeister wrote:Or this game for the lulz.

ha, i have a copy of the sequel, which is supposed to be more "dynamic." I still haven't played it though.

Support LISP Ban COBOL Love JAVA Also, Love FLEX... Also, Fuck FLEX.. Also, Fuck Java. Fuck client requests
dyre
Alumnus

Postby Nabeshin on Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:41 am

dyre wrote:Nearly one day from now, I'm off to Japan for my yearly vacation. I've made the trip each year since studying abroad. And this will be my 5th time since.

I come to you at cost! (mostly) Is there anything (within reason) any one wishes for me to locate for them?

Dare I ask?
All views and opinions expressed in this post are in the interest of humor. The direction of this humor may range from sarcastic, deranged, morbid, sexual, dry, wet, flamable, inflamable, inflamatory, and constipated. No actions stated have any intent of manifesting themselves in reality, or anywhere else. Read as a joke at your own risk, dismiss as quickly. Views expressed are property of Nabesofttm i like loli
Nabeshin
Otaku no Kami no Kami

Postby Megaton on Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:39 pm

Do it, I'm probably gonna ask for some stuff too...
Megaton
SPAMM Forum Champion

Postby Malarky on Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:48 pm

There is a game I've been searching for called: Mezase Senkyuuo (aka Senkyu). I played an arcade version years ago, but haven't seen the PSX version sold anywhere. I don't know if you can find it, but I would really appreciate it if you'd try.

http://nfgworld.com/mb/thread/1000-Meza ... laystation

2<3... But who doesn't?
Malarky
SPAMM President Fall 2010-Spring 2013

Postby dyre on Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:47 pm

That looks like a cross between Puzzle Bobble and Puyo Puyo. I'll see what I can do

dyre
Alumnus

Postby Malarky on Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:20 pm

If it's more than $35, don't bother. I really don't have a lot of extra money to throw around right now...

2<3... But who doesn't?
Malarky

Postby dyre on Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:59 am

no offense, but i'm guessing it'll probably be $10 or less. we'll see :)

dyre
Alumnus

Postby Photon on Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:28 am

If you can find the Limited Edition version of Eternal Arcadia (Skies of Arcadia in the US) which had a bunch of goodies with it, that would be supremely awesome. Otherwise, if you can find any swag of Eternal Arcadia (Wall scrolls, figurines, art books etc.) for cheap I would still be very happy.
Photon
Otaku
Otaku

Postby dyre on Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:22 pm

Goddamn Malarky, that game is far more elusive than I gave it credit for. I found everything on my personal list, but every place that I:ve been to has not seen hide nor hair of your title. I still don:t know if that:s because it:s rare or simply uncommon. I still have two more days left on my vacation and I intend to find it.

Any idea why it:s so difficult to find?

Also, I have not seen any limited edition copies of Eternal Arcadia.

dyre
Alumnus

Postby Malarky on Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:04 am

I have heard it's one of the trickier games to find... I know I've asked every import game store that I've come across, but no luck. Thanks for trying anyway.

2<3... But who doesn't?
Malarky

Postby iLaifire on Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:49 pm

A question for you Dyre, have you ever considered Ebay? Not buying the games there, but looking around before you head on vacation and seeing what the more popular Japanese games are, and then starting your own auctions once you have taken a look around on the first day there. If you make sure to end the auctions on the last day you have to shop, you could likely make a decent profit and fund part of your trip without risk of buying stuff no one wants to buy.
iLaifire

Postby dyre on Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:05 pm

D'oh... I was not able to find it. Oh well, perhaps I'll find it next year. :)

Here's a map of all the places I checked. It felt like I went to more gaming stores than that though.
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8& ... 2052c6&z=8

I put up a blog post about Super Potato Osaka if you're interested
http://www.theschlock.com/blog/?p=896
____

Also, I'm not a stranger to eBay :) I've sold quite a bit of games and movies that I've collected over the years and got a decent pile of cash. But that was almost 3 years ago now. My eBay store is rather barren, and I've spent all that cash on new things. While I was still in the midst of selling like crazy, there were several purchases I've made for the pure purpose of reselling, but I would really only make as much as $20 off of them. The games I would make a huge return on were few and far between, and usually sat on eBay for months before finally selling, and after a few price cuts.

I always keep my eye out for cheap deals to turn around, but I haven't been searching for them as much as I used to. There's plenty of better things to spend my time on in Japan other than game shopping. :) If I lived in Japan, I would probably consider it.

Anywho, you can see what I have left on eBay and half. Most of it is crap though and I only have one big ticket item left.

http://stores.ebay.com/dyreschlock?refid=dyreschlock
http://shops.half.ebay.com/dyreschlock_W0QQ

dyre
Alumnus

Return to Trading Post