What do you want from Spamm?

This area is for topics not covered in other areas...you know, general topics.

Moderators: tony-kun, Megaton, Niehaus, Moderators

What do you want from Spamm?

Postby Conum on Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:37 am

Hello all,

As you may or may not know I had originally attended school in Platteville in the fall of '09. After pissing around and neglecting the path I found myself dismissed. Freshly renewed last semester I found myself looking into a new Spamm; a different Spamm.

A few of the current members believe me to be a representative of the old ways, and to some extent that is true. I do miss those that I originally began my college career with. Still, I am not resistant to change. I firmly believe in the spirit of this club: a place not just to watch anime, but also a safe haven for the fringes of our student body and surrounding area. I love this club and wish it to be preserved for those to come. If that should mean that we must change once again in order to appeal to a broader audience, or strain against the conventions set for us then so be it.

In two weeks I will be running for the golden throne and the position of God-Emporer of Spamm for next year (Warhammer 40k joke - believe it or not I'm not that pompous). As I wish to maintain the spirit of the club that I love I wish for anyone with suggestions, questions, comments, or complaints to make them known to me. It is important to me that I may be able to help anyone at all or to improve upon the club for the betterment of my fellow members. If the masses of the club so decide that I am right to lead I will be honored to stand amongst the ranks of George and Malarky whom I've come to respect. Please let me know what you want, and what I could do for any one of you to make the club better in your eyes.

Thank you,

- John J Black
-Conum
武士の刺しする。死ぬ
Conum

Re: What do you want from Spamm?

Postby qPenguin on Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:02 am

Thinking back, here's some recurring questions in elections:

Will you be in Platteville this summer?

Will you be able to make it to all or at least most regular meetings?

What anime would you like to see on a schedule / do you have a prospective schedule?

What other qualifications do you have that you feel would make you a good choice for this position?
"I know exactly what I'm doing. I'm just playing the character where I don't know what I'm doing until I do it."
qPenguin
SPAMM Librarian Fall 2012 - Spring 2013

Postby Conum on Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:12 am

I have the capacity to be here for summer-Spamm. Dependent on the day of the week I ought to be able to make it.

Next semester I will be there at every meeting that I can physically drag myself out of bed for. My schedule is pretty open at nights.

I would like to see JoJo or Hokuto no Ken on the schedule, but of course that depends on popular opinion and the votes of other officers.

I am the most cunning and charismatic member currently running for the seat of president. If you or anyone else might care to deny my claim I'd be happy to discuss the matter over a drink. Dry jokes aside I have the wisdom and tenacity that come with age and rebuilding myself that my opponent seems to lack. Jaime is a nice guy, but I do not feel that he is ready for the position.

I fully support Jaime for Vice-President and hope that he and I might work together new and old to maintain the spirit of the club.
武士の刺しする。死ぬ
Conum

Postby Conum on Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:23 am

Of course, IF I was actually running for God-Emporer I'd want to run YuYu Hakusho, Kaiji, Gundam Wing, and lastly BoBoBo for shits and giggles. Pretty sure almost everyone has seen those already and would rather strive to show anime that less people have seen. I would totally try to sneak in BoBoBo if I actually thought I could get away with it but I imagine that it would lead to an immediate impeachment.
武士の刺しする。死ぬ
Conum

Postby Zaku on Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:50 am

Will you get drunk and post on the SPAMM forum?
Zaku
Super Senior Otaku

Postby Conum on Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:54 am

Zaku, I only post long-winded messages when drinking. Polished off my Jameson writing out my last couple posts...

In fact, I pledge that if elected president I will make sure that I log on and put in my 2 cents on random topics when I've been drinking.
武士の刺しする。死ぬ
Conum

Postby Conum on Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:01 pm

I quit Spamm, there is no place for me now.
武士の刺しする。死ぬ
Conum

Postby Zaku on Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:45 pm

I would vote for you but I was at camel for oh...6 hours?
Zaku
Super Senior Otaku

Postby grimsleeper on Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:59 pm

Conum wrote:I quit Spamm, there is no place for me now.

OBAMA!
"In theory there are no differences between theory and practice, but in practice there is."

grimsleeper
SPAMM President Fall 2009-Spring 2010

Postby Conum on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:41 pm

I'm sorry George, I was unable to fix things. The weabus are in full power now.

Fuck it, I'll make my own anime weekly viewing, that will be in no way related to the future death of the spirit of Spamm that will occur or the rules of the University clubs. Fuck the loss I'm petty as shit
武士の刺しする。死ぬ
Conum

Postby grimsleeper on Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:47 pm

No public announcements on forum for election? No results posted? Is Malarky officially a fascist or just an honorary member for the time being?
"In theory there are no differences between theory and practice, but in practice there is."

grimsleeper
SPAMM President Fall 2009-Spring 2010

Postby Zaku on Wed May 01, 2013 8:12 am

THAT'S IT IM CALLING ALEX JONES
Zaku
Super Senior Otaku

Postby Malarky on Wed May 01, 2013 1:39 pm

grimsleeper wrote:No public announcements on forum for election? No results posted? Is Malarky officially a fascist or just an honorary member for the time being?

I'm an honorary facist.

2<3... But who doesn't?
Malarky
SPAMM President Fall 2010-Spring 2013

Postby chronomeister on Wed May 01, 2013 7:26 pm

What's that; the powers in charge promise transparency then end up providing worse than previous administrations. Wish I could say it's an original plot.
()~ KIRABOSHI!
its a good day to do what has to be done by me - John Freeman
chronomeister
Digital Champion

Postby Beaver Chief on Wed May 01, 2013 9:03 pm

Damn white people
Jesus will thank you
IRISH SUNGLASSES IRISH SUNGLASSES IRISH SUNGLASSES IRISH SUNGLASSES
Beaver Chief
Pimp Hand

Next