Preview Night Spring 2013

Are you bored and wondering what SPAMM can do to keep you busy? (or) Do you have an event or get-together that you would like to share with SPAMM.org? Check out the Events forum which contains information on all sorts of SPAMM (and other) events in the Platteville Area.

Moderators: Megaton, Niehaus, Moderators

Preview Night Spring 2013

Postby qPenguin on Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:11 pm

Preview Nighk
Spoiler:
Show Ratings
8.26 Shingeki no Kyojin
8.21 Kotoura-san
8.21 Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?
8.11 Suisei no Gargantia
7.85 Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited Hyoubu Kyousuke
7.24 Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
6.08 Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru
5.77 Maoyuu Maou Yuusha

Comments

Shingeki no Kyojin
Dark, original cool
Another show that should be shown after break
Interesting idea, very dark
art-9, effects-10, plot-7, sound-8, dialogue-9, interesting-quite so for once an anime intrigues me more than the manga, the gut-not the widest appeal but I'd like it
Extremely gruesome

Kotoura-san
So depressing… happy =) I'm a sucker for outcasts becoming happy/finding a place for themselves.
It's a good series with good comedic parts with a good bit of drama.
Probably want to see a few more episodes, but first episode was funny
Interesting idea for a shojo especially the mind reading
art-7, effects-9, plot-9, sound-9, dialogue-10, interesting-yes yes yes, the gut-definitely run it!
Very cute! Needs to be at SPAMM

Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?
Fun, simple, but with interesting powers
It's interesting and has cool characters
I would watch it
Great idea show reminds me of "C," which I really liked
art-8, effects-10, plot-7, sound-8, dialogue-8.5, interesting-sure, the gut-seems alright go for it
This came from the sky. Meow

Suisei no Gargantia
Mecha, interesting
Slow start but interesting idea, interested in more
art-9, effects-10, plot-8, sound-9, dialogue-8, interesting-yes, the gut-go for it
Rave in space, very interesting even with space raves

Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited Hyoubu Kyousuke
Looked to be a bit boring at first. Lots of OP magic people against the army? Bleh… but the end changed that. Betrayal, mystery, intrigue, pay
It's kickass except the squirl
Good action, good premise
Would watch due to a mystery/dual agenda idea
Art-8, effects-9, plot-7, sound-7, dialogue-9, interesting-yes, the gut-run it
Interested in seeing how the show turns out! Might even look it up myself

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
Manly, the best action plus english
Seems like an old school anime; probably should be on after break if at all.
Chrono… the perfect show
art-6, effects-8, plot-7, sound-9, dialogue-6, interesting-oddly yes, the gut-this MUST be run, the score is low yes but I feel oddly drawn to this silly show
Shiny DBZ football with eyeliner and duckface and Aztec relics

Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru
Would enjoy watching Kotoura-san over this
art-7, effects-6, plot-6, sound-7, dialogue-7, interesting-no boring, the gut-pass
Might be a good shoujo anime for SPAMM

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
Jumps around a bit, very interesting concept. Spice and wolf with jiggle physics
I've lost interest in it about episode 4
I think it could be ok, I just have no idea what kind of show it is action or comedy
***** A+
art-9, effects-10, plot-9, sound-8, dialogue-10, interesting-yes, the gut-Please, run this
Interesting, but veries a lot in tone. Also, the translation possibly allows the meaning to be lost. SPICE & WOLF WITH JIGGLE PHYSICS

For those of you who wanted it on a Friday, don't fret! I am planning to hold a request night.

Schedule subject to change as qPenguin is a moody guy.

6:15
Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited Hyoubu Kyousuke
"Kyousuke Hyoubu, an ESPer who was betrayed many years ago, is now one of the most powerful ESPers—and also a fugitive. However, behind that glare lies a kind heart. His main mission is to save ESPers who are mistreated by humans, even if that be by force. Through his methods, he has saved many ESPer lives and gained the loyalty of those he has saved. The name of his group: P.A.N.D.R.A." --Anime News Network
"Yay flying squirrel!" --qPenguin

6:40
Kotoura-san
"A school love comedy. Kotoura Haruka is a 15-year-old girl who can read people's minds. She has been suffering from troubles caused by her mind-reading ability, and her parents got divorced as a result. She moves to a new high school but tries to keep away from her classmates. Manabe Yoshihisa, one of her classmates, accepts and appreciates her ability and she begins to interact with her friends with his help." --My Anime List
"It's so happy :)" --qPenguin

7:05
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
"The story is set in a world embroiled by war between Humans and Demons. The Humans' greatest hero invades the Demon Queen's castle determined to vanquish her. However, instead of fighting back, the Queen proposes an alliance with the Hero. She explains how a sudden end to the war can bring further chaos to the world as the Humans once united to stand against their common enemies would eventually begin fighting among themselves, with similar issues already occurring at the Demon Realm. Convinced by her words, the Hero joins forces with the Queen and together they execute a plan to bring prosperity and a lasting peace to both Humans and Demons alike." --Anime News Network
"After watching this series, I still do not know the name of a single character." --qPenguin

7:30
Problem Children Are Coming From Another World, Aren’t They?
Mondai-Ji-tachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?

"Izayoi Sakamaki, Asuka Kudou, and You Kasugabe have tremendous psychic powers and are bored with the regular world. An envelope arrives for each person, and when each opens their envelope, they are stunned to see the scenery around them change to a world they had never encountered before. They've been summoned by the Black Rabbit to help the community 'No Name' to overthrow the Devil King." --Crunchyroll
"Yes!" --qPenguin

7:55
Oreshura / Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru
"Eita enters high school aiming for the National University School of Medicine. Because of his parents' divorce—and his goal—he shuns anything to do with romance or love. One day, Masuzu, the school beauty with the silver hair who has just returned to the country, enters his life in a most unexpected way. Chiwa, his childhood friend since elementary school, will not let this go without a fight." --My Anime List
"Banana Phone!" --qPenguin

BREAK

8:30
Suisei no Gargantia / Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet
"The story begins in the distant future in the far reaches of the galaxy. The Human Galactic Alliance has been constantly fighting for its survival against a grotesque race of beings called "Hidiaazu." During an intense battle, the young lieutenant Redo and his humanoid mobile weapon Chamber are swallowed up into a distortion of time and space. Waking from his artificially induced hibernation, Redo realizes that he has arrived on Earth, the planet on the lost frontier. On this planet that was completely flooded by the seas, people live in fleets of giant ships, salvaging relics from the seas' depths in order to survive. Redo arrives on one of the fleets called Gargantia. With no knowledge of the planet's history or culture, he is forced to live alongside Amy, a 15-year-old girl who serves as a messenger aboard the Gargantia fleet. To Redo, who has lived a life where he knows nothing but fighting, these days of peace continue to surprise him." --Anime News Network
"Because we needed more flying squirrel..." --qPenguin

8:55
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
"This is the story of the Joestar family, and their battles against bizarre enemies. Jonathan Joestar's battle against the vampire Dio Brando starts it all, and it continues into roughly each second generation of Joestars through all parts of the story." --Anime News Network

9:20
Shingeki no Kyojin / Attack on Titan
"Several hundred years ago, humans were nearly exterminated by giants. Giants are typically several stories tall, seem to have no intelligence, devour human beings and, worst of all, seem to do it for the pleasure rather than as a food source. A small percentage of humanity survived by walling themselves in a city protected by extremely high walls, even taller than the biggest of giants.
Flash forward to the present and the city has not seen a giant in over 100 years. Teenage boy Eren and his foster sister Mikasa witness something horrific as the city walls are destroyed by a super giant that appears out of thin air. As the smaller giants flood the city, the two kids watch in horror as their mother is eaten alive. Eren vows that he will murder every single giant and take revenge for all of mankind." --Manga Helpers
"Dat smile O.o" --qPenguin
"I know exactly what I'm doing. I'm just playing the character where I don't know what I'm doing until I do it."
qPenguin
SPAMM Librarian Fall 2012 - Spring 2013

Re: Preview Night Spring 2013

Postby chronomeister on Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:51 pm

Still no JoJo? Schedule sucks. Put all the shows that aren't JoJo on there; it will still suck.
Better.
()~ KIRABOSHI!
its a good day to do what has to be done by me - John Freeman
chronomeister
Digital Champion

Postby Zaku on Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:02 am

Gargantia is great
Zaku
Super Senior Otaku

Postby Megaton on Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:05 am

I approve of this preview lineup.

I hope some of them *cough*Maoyuu Maou Yuusha*cough* end up on a regular schedule.
Megaton
SPAMM Forum Champion

Postby KJ on Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:35 pm

follows are my reactions to descriptions read and or just looking at the pics.
1) Cyborg 009 high school days?
2) *Jiiii*
3) Boobs.
4) Thigh highs. :3
5) BANANA PHONE! ( ^.^)b
6)Final Neon Guren Fantasy?
7)already knew about this one.
8 )Jack the berserk style giant slayer!
"I'm in love with my lust burning angel wings to dust. I wish i had your angel tonight" - Nightwish
"The World will look up and cry Save us... And I'll whisper... No." Watchmen Trailer
"Poor the gas, light the match, BURN! Poor the gas, light the match, BURN!" Burned The Earth: Dethklok
"Sandpaper condem... No lube.... Bus fair if ya smile." Broken Saints.
KJ
Senior Otaku

Postby qPenguin on Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:11 pm

chronomeister wrote:Still no JoJo? Schedule sucks. Put all the shows that aren't JoJo on there; it will still suck.
Better.

Holy crap this show is better than I thought.

Hmm... I might have to show ep2 for preview nighk... ep1 just doesn't have that great of an impact.
"I know exactly what I'm doing. I'm just playing the character where I don't know what I'm doing until I do it."
qPenguin

Postby grimsleeper on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:06 pm

qPenguin wrote:... ep1 just doesn't have that great of an impact.

Welcome to Madoka.
"In theory there are no differences between theory and practice, but in practice there is."

grimsleeper
SPAMM President Fall 2009-Spring 2010

Postby chronomeister on Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:25 pm

Ya see, JoJo had the opposite effect compared to Evangelion. After every Eva episode, I asked maybe the next episode would be better, and I was wrong each time. With JoJo, I said that the next episode couldn't possibly better, and I wrong each time. Hmmm I guess in a way they had the same effect.

grimsleeper wrote:
qPenguin wrote:... ep1 just doesn't have that great of an impact.

Welcome to Madoka.

This is why I tried to show episode 3 of Madoka instead of 1 but in the end it didn't turn out as well as I would have hoped. I tried splainin during the show but there are some things I'm good at splainin, but that, along with most things, I'm not good at splainin.
()~ KIRABOSHI!
its a good day to do what has to be done by me - John Freeman
chronomeister
Digital Champion

Postby grimsleeper on Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:09 am

chronomeister wrote:This is why I tried to show episode 3 of Madoka instead of 1 but in the end it didn't turn out as well as I would have hoped. I tried splainin during the show but there are some things I'm good at splainin, but that, along with most things, I'm not good at splainin.

Its too good for spamm.
"In theory there are no differences between theory and practice, but in practice there is."

grimsleeper
SPAMM President Fall 2009-Spring 2010

Postby qPenguin on Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:10 am

I've also post the results in the survey thread, so keep an eye there too.

Personally, I feel that Kotoura-san did better than it should have; it is a good show, but that first episode is great.
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha has the opposite problem of a better show than the first episode implies.

Story of Preview "Nighk":
When asking what day of the week would work best for people, I mistakenly wrote a k instead of the t on the board. I have been rolling with it ever since. I wonder how many people actually noticed considering that only the people at that meeting and my roommate pointed this out to me (")>
qPenguin

Return to Events