Showa to Terru!

Are you bored and wondering what SPAMM can do to keep you busy? (or) Do you have an event or get-together that you would like to share with SPAMM.org? Check out the Events forum which contains information on all sorts of SPAMM (and other) events in the Platteville Area.

Moderators: Megaton, Niehaus, Moderators

Re: Showa to Terru!

Postby HyruleanCookieZelda on Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:52 pm

HyruleanCookieZelda wrote:
qPenguin wrote:I vote for new name: Hoseki jikan (gem time (since we should share hidden gems we find)

I like it!

I asked Dice about it and he said it should be spelled "Hooseki jikan" and for it to be grammatically correct, it should be "jikan no hooseki." Interestingly, "Ho-jik" is a slang term like how we use "seriously!?"

It's odd how it actually kind of works.
HyruleanCookieZelda
Ex-Vice President / Richard Hawk

Postby qPenguin on Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:41 am

This time around, the show from a SPAMM schedule that surprised me the most.

This show follows a girl who moved to the city with her childhood friend who was dead set on becoming an idol. Well turns out her love is a little one-sided. To get her revenge she changes her appearance and joins a rival company's "Love-Me" Department. Now if only she could stop strangling people with her inner demons.

Spoiler:
Skip Beat!
"I know exactly what I'm doing. I'm just playing the character where I don't know what I'm doing until I do it."
qPenguin
SPAMM Librarian Fall 2012 - Spring 2013

Postby chronomeister on Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:58 am

qPenguin wrote:This time around, the show from a SPAMM schedule that surprised me the most.

I can confirm this. I believe this was one of the shows that I put on to a preview night schedule without watching a single episode. I generally don't so this as it is a very risky practice (I least watch one episode even if I don't watch two) but it was getting good hype elsewhere so I was like "meh, LEEROY...". It then went on to the actual SPAMM schedule later.
()~ KIRABOSHI!
its a good day to do what has to be done by me - John Freeman
chronomeister
Digital Champion

Postby ishida244 on Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:26 pm

Sorry for the late submission but I would like to talk about a "gem" I found in the spamm libarbary.

Wikapedia describes it better and faster than I can but I will be providing some input. Nazca (時空転抄ナスカ Jikū Tenshō Nasuka?) is an anime series created by Yoshihiko Inamoto. It is about a group of people who are reincarnations of ancient Inca warriors who have returned to re-enact a civil war that resulted in the fall of the Inca Empire.
ishida244

Postby jman on Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:09 pm

One of my personal favorite animes that I've seen has to be Guilty Crown. The video spells most of the information out, but it's a lot like Code Geass.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Those who create idiot-proof products severely underestimate the ingenuity of idiots. -Douglas Adams

Steam: jman183
jman
Junior Otaku

Postby qPenguin on Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:15 am

Kaichou wa Maid-sama!

Tsundere ~ <3

Misaki became the student council president at a school that until recently had been exclusive to males. She is seen as a uptight dictator to the guys and leader for the girls. However, she secretly works at a maid cafe in the next town over to help out her poor family. Of course, some of the guys from her school show up one day and instantly turn into her adoring fans.

Note to self: just skip 2:30-3:00
"I know exactly what I'm doing. I'm just playing the character where I don't know what I'm doing until I do it."
qPenguin
SPAMM Librarian Fall 2012 - Spring 2013

Postby Bootkiller on Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:05 am

New trailer for Kill la Kill airing at the start of this October. Fuckin' sweet.

If this reminds you of Gurren Lagann, that's because it should. It's like most of the people responsible for that now work at Trigger.

"There can be only one, like in that foreign movie where there could be only one, and in the end there was only one dude left, because that was the point." Kenji Setou, Katawa Shoujo
"And then Gordon Freeman came along and beat the bear cub to death with a crowbar. Mission accomplished." -Kanagawa Bancho, OMGWTFOTL
Bootkiller
SPAMM Librarian

Postby Vibram on Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:00 pm

Gintama! I will have a powerpoint of pictures.
Vibram

Previous

Return to Events