This is the thread I post random manga pages in

If you've heard about a new anime series, or just want to talk about an old one, this is the place to do it!

Moderators: Megaton, Niehaus, Moderators

Re: This is the thread I post random manga pages in

Postby dirked on Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:12 pm

tony-kun wrote:
Dirk the Magnificent the Magnificient wrote:Does anyone really care at this point? I thought most of the Naruto and Bleach die hards had given up.

It's interesting to me because the people I talk to who still read Naruto have been telling me that the series is about to end for the last 5 years, but the author keeps avoiding it somehow.

Shounen Jump has a long standing tradition of wringing their series dry. I can't name a single series of theirs whose last chunk wasn't complete hogwash.
dirked
Super Awesome

Postby Takomaru on Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:15 pm

Dai no Daibouken
"I need a vender!"
"Taste my Missile Punch!"
"It's never too late to start beefing-up your obituary" -The Most Interesting Man in the World: on Life
“Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Nations and peoples who forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms”
Takomaru
Prince of Dickery

Postby Bootkiller on Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:00 am

Beaver Chief wrote:I must say that I enjoy the person with hentai quotes in his sig is the one preaching about good taste...

Didn't think I was bein' all that preachy. I just hate when a series I've liked for a long time gets discovered by the mainstream audience, only to get massacred by dumbing down, censorship, merchandise overload, etc.

God, I sound like a hipster when I say that.

To be fair, I do have a sense of taste. I just don't usually pay any attention to it.

"There can be only one, like in that foreign movie where there could be only one, and in the end there was only one dude left, because that was the point." Kenji Setou, Katawa Shoujo
"And then Gordon Freeman came along and beat the bear cub to death with a crowbar. Mission accomplished." -Kanagawa Bancho, OMGWTFOTL
Bootkiller
SPAMM Librarian

Postby chronomeister on Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:40 am

Bootkiller wrote:I just hate when a series I've liked for a long time gets discovered by the mainstream audience, only to get massacred by dumbing down, censorship, merchandise overload, etc.

I used to be like this. But then this attitude went kinda mainstream, so nowadays I'm not as snobbish.

I'm a hipster hipster, not like them bandwagon hipsters.
()~ KIRABOSHI!
its a good day to do what has to be done by me - John Freeman
chronomeister
Digital Champion

Postby dirked on Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:47 pm

Takomaru wrote:Dai no Daibouken

A Dragon Quest manga not drawn by Toriyama? That doesn't seem like it would be good.
dirked
Super Awesome

Postby Takomaru on Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:19 am

I mean it's not spectacular but I found it to be worthwhile.
"I need a vender!"
"It's never too late to start beefing-up your obituary" -The Most Interesting Man in the World: on Life
“Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Nations and peoples who forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms”
Takomaru
Prince of Dickery

Postby Takomaru on Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:16 pm

"I need a vender!"
Takomaru
Prince of Dickery

Previous

Return to Anime & Manga