The Secret of Crystania DVD

Did you draw, paint, write, or create something? You can share your creation with us here!

Moderators: Megaton, Niehaus, Moderators

Re: The Secret of Crystania DVD

Postby dyre on Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:49 am

Very Nice, Tony and Zach. :)

After getting back from seeing Tony in Tokyo, I watched all the extras. There's a lot of extra stuff that the Beta DVD didn't have, like the introduction of the Plattecon premiere! That was crazy to see again. Everyone was packed in that tiny room waiting to see our finished movie for the first time ever. I think at that point, Zach may have been the only one to see the movie all the way through. And even then, he finished the rendering process only 30 minutes or so before airtime, so he didn't have a chance to fully QA the film.

I have a few gripes about some of the additions to the film, but whatever. It's all complete, and out there for everyone to see now. Thanks again you guys. :D :D :D

Here are few more extras that weren't on the DVD:

First, Erika just gave me a video of my No Brand Con 2006 introduction to our screening. I put it on my Google Drive here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B09hId ... sp=sharing

And I have some other random Crystania stuff hiding on the backend of my website:
http://theschlock.com/spamm/crystania/

There's the Ad we posted around UWP for our Plattecon premiere. There's both Tony and my initial scripts we wrote, and the combined product. Both of which are unfinished. The original mp3 of L-to-the-Legend of Crystania. And some other stuff.
WARNING: blah blah blah sarcasm blah blaghh balls

FALCOOONN PUUNNCCCHHHHH!! -- Falcon Puunch!! x2

Support LISP Ban COBOL Love JAVA Also, Love FLEX... Also, Fuck FLEX.. Also, Fuck Java. Fuck client requests
dyre
Alumnus

Postby tony-kun on Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:31 pm

Ah, it would have been cool to have that NBC video for the DVD. I guess it will have to wait for the 10th anniversary Laserdisc version.

Also, I mailed out dvds on Saturday for those who sent me shipping money. They should probably arrive before the end of the week. For those who don't have a DVD yet, there is no need to panic as I still have plenty left. I would like to donate a copy for the SPAMM library too (assuming it still exists), but I haven't had anyone request a DVD who was passing through to Platteville yet.
tony-kun
正義のAlumnus

Postby chronomeister on Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:28 pm

It came; I came.
()~ KIRABOSHI!
its a good day to do what has to be done by me - John Freeman
chronomeister
Digital Champion

Postby QazYseult on Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:11 pm

Got mine!
"Violation of physics? I'll violate you!" - Xygord
QazYseult
Ex-Librarian

Postby ManDemon on Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:37 pm

I received mine in the mail as well, and have to say thanks to everyone that put this together and Tony for mailing it out.
Cheers.
ManDemon
Irregular Member

Postby Erika on Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:36 pm

I forgot I had that video. After looking at all the photos and videos on the Crystania dvd, I went back through my old picture folders and found that. I appreciate all the effort that went into the dvd. Maybe on the 10th anniversary, we'll have a Crystania reunion viewing. :P
Erika
Alumnus

Postby Atrophy Annie on Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:18 am

Do you have them reserved for specific people? I ask because I'll be around in the summer (well... hopefully) and I'd love a copy if you end up with some leftover and people don't have dibs on them. I know I'm not an official member but I loved it when I saw it forever ago and I love (some of) you guys.
Atrophy Annie
Senior Otaku

Postby tony-kun on Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:16 pm

I'm willing to reserve copies for people who were in the movie. The rest are first-come, first-serve.
tony-kun
正義のAlumnus

Postby Rinoa on Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:13 pm

I should be at PlatteCon this year - probably - so I could deliver a copy to the SPAMM librarian and anyone in Platteville who wanted one if necessary, assuming Tony worked out some form of payment and was cool with it.
nyannyannyannyannyannyannyan
Rinoa
Kitties of the North Star

Postby tony-kun on Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:03 pm

If there are still people who want a DVD by mail, I will send out another batch at the end of February. Details are the same as before. See the details earlier in this thread for payment information.
tony-kun
正義のAlumnus

Postby Niehaus on Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:48 am

Niehaus
SPAMM President Fall 2006-Spring 2009

Postby tony-kun on Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:27 pm

I still have something like 20-30 DVDs. I can send some down for the library / SPAMM contests / whatever if people are interested.
tony-kun
正義のAlumnus

Postby Saxxy_Assassin on Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:11 pm

I'd be more than willing to own a piece of SPAMM history.
Saxxy_Assassin

Previous

Return to Fan Works