The Secret of Crystania DVD

Did you draw, paint, write, or create something? You can share your creation with us here!

Moderators: Megaton, Niehaus, Moderators

Re: The Secret of Crystania DVD

Postby dirked on Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:29 pm

I'd like to thank Tony for finally finishing the Crystania project and keeping to the timetable that he set forth. After almost one Duke Nuke-nium, the project is complete.

I'm interesting in obtaining one of the DVD's. Can you give a extra to either Swagel or Niehaus, so that I can pick it up next time I see them?
dirked
Super Awesome

Postby Megaton on Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:52 pm

I DON'T HABEEB IT.

I must find a way/reason to travel down to Madison to get a copy.

Also, yeah production time almost Duke level there indeed Dirk the Magnificent.
Megaton
SPAMM Forum Champion

Postby Zake on Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:26 pm

Yes, it took way longer than it should have to get it out the door and to Tony for the DVD creation, but I would like to point out at least one key difference between the Crystania project and Duke Nukem Forever.

Duke Nukem Forever's teasers consisted of a series of falsified preview videos over the course of like a decade. In the end, there was no game, and one didn't appear until the rights got purchased by another company.

Secret of Crystania's teasers consisted of a trailer about year after we started, and then the whole movie a few months later, and then a substantially improved version only a couple months after that. The DVD version should now be considered the definitive version, with even more improvements. I did many improvements upon it, most of which were subtle and some of which are obvious. Tony did even more, many of which I am not yet fully versed on.
Haiku, On Defeat:
Vanquished, my team lacked
Unity, teleporters;
Blame my ISP

"Cubic Time" - Cubes

[img]http://www.anime-planet.com/users/images/signatures/Zake.jpg[/mg]
This count is very out of date. Should probably update my profile...
Zake
Ex-Vice President / Richard Hawk

Postby QazYseult on Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:17 pm

I'm anxiously awaiting the shipping price. Although, i think I might be able to swing myself up to Mad-town in a couple weeks.
"Violation of physics? I'll violate you!" - Xygord
QazYseult
Ex-Librarian

Postby Bootkiller on Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:11 am

I would also love to get a physical copy of this, if I could. However, the closest I get to Madison is when I'm at Platteville during classes.

"There can be only one, like in that foreign movie where there could be only one, and in the end there was only one dude left, because that was the point." Kenji Setou, Katawa Shoujo
"And then Gordon Freeman came along and beat the bear cub to death with a crowbar. Mission accomplished." -Kanagawa Bancho, OMGWTFOTL
Bootkiller
SPAMM Librarian

Postby Erika on Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:01 pm

Tony! I must have! It's a Christmas miracle! I will arrange a trip to Madison in the next few weeks OR organize a friend to obtain it for me.
Erika
Alumnus

Postby tony-kun on Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:30 pm

OK, I think I should be able to mail the DVDs for $5. Please let me know if you are interested. If there are multiple people who want them, I would prefer to take fewer trips to the supply store & post office, so I will send them out in a batch in 2 weeks. You can send payment via paypal to tony.gregerson @ gmail.com. Please select "I am sending money to family or friends" so I don't get charged for the transaction fee and include your shipping address in the note. If you cannot use paypal and want to send cash in the mail, contact me via PM.
tony-kun
正義のAlumnus

Postby Beaver Chief on Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:57 am

tony-kun wrote:
Beaver Chief wrote:Kinda wanna watch this again, but kinda terrified to hear my shitty voice acting

I left an extra copy for you in Japan with Jim when I was there earlier this month, so you don't need to go quite as far if you want a physical copy.

Nice
Jesus will thank you
IRISH SUNGLASSES IRISH SUNGLASSES IRISH SUNGLASSES IRISH SUNGLASSES
Beaver Chief
Pimp Hand

Postby dirked on Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:35 pm

tony-kun wrote:OK, I think I should be able to mail the DVDs for $5. Please let me know if you are interested.

If you haven't given a spare copy to Swagel or Niehaus, then I will pay for shipping. Has that been done?
dirked
Super Awesome

Postby tony-kun on Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:51 pm

Dirk the Magnificient wrote:
tony-kun wrote:OK, I think I should be able to mail the DVDs for $5. Please let me know if you are interested.

If you haven't given a spare copy to Swagel or Niehaus, then I will pay for shipping. Has that been done?

Not yet.
tony-kun
正義のAlumnus

Postby dirked on Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:51 pm

tony-kun wrote:Not yet.

I have sent you the five fiats.
dirked
Super Awesome

Postby chronomeister on Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:34 pm

Shoulda use bitcoins. They're back by the same thing as USD; nothing but a promise that they are worth something.
()~ KIRABOSHI!
its a good day to do what has to be done by me - John Freeman
chronomeister
Digital Champion

Postby tony-kun on Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:58 pm

Thus far I have received payment from Dave O., Mark, Dirk the Magnificent, and Simon. I'm also expecting a payment from Feldman.

I plan on mailing packages on Saturday, so I will stop accepting orders at noon on Friday.
tony-kun
正義のAlumnus

Postby Bootkiller on Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:48 am

I think I'll wait on ordering a DVD until I have an ensured address when I'm back at Platteville for class. I have a dorm, but I'm also looking for a decent apartment...

"There can be only one, like in that foreign movie where there could be only one, and in the end there was only one dude left, because that was the point." Kenji Setou, Katawa Shoujo
"And then Gordon Freeman came along and beat the bear cub to death with a crowbar. Mission accomplished." -Kanagawa Bancho, OMGWTFOTL
Bootkiller
SPAMM Librarian

Postby Erika on Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:21 am

Hey, I ended up getting it for my birthday yesterday. Watched it last night! Great stuff and so many memories.
Erika
Alumnus

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Works