Fall 2012 Schedule

Check out what's happening at SPAMM. If you are new to the forums, check this forum for the Forum Rules and Registration/Posting Instructions.

Moderators: Megaton, Niehaus, Moderators

Fall 2012 Schedule

Postby Fidgit on Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:22 pm

Fall 2012 Schedule:

Meetings held in Doudna 103 every Tuesday starting at 6:00!
First meeting on Tuesday 9/4

6:00 - Social Hour
7:00 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
7:25 - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
7:50 - Sakamichi no Aporon (Kids on the slope)
8:15 - Slayers
8:40 - BREAK
9:00 - Rideback
9:25 - seitokai yakuindomo (S.Y.D.)
9:50 - Mirri nikki
10:15 - OVA Slot

7:00 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
It is the year 2029, and as many rush to embrace the changes that cybernetic technology bring to mankind, the seedier side of humanity is even quicker to take advantage of it. This series follows Public Peace Section 9, a government organization that plays behind the scenes to stop the worst of these criminals. Join Major Motoko Kusanagi and her team as they take you through an incredibly vivid world filled with plots of such depth and intrigue as is seldom seen.

Themes:
Sci Fi
Cyborgs
Futuristic
Cyberpunk
Hackers

7:25 - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
The eccentric Suzumiya Haruhi wants nothing more than to meet aliens, time travelers and espers… but she’ll have to settle for the everyday Kyon instead! Along with the mysterious Itsuki and the vacant Mikuru, the duo forms the SOS Brigade – a club whose mission is to discover the mysteries of the world. Armed with a razor sharp wit and a skill for manipulation, Haruhi will stop at nothing to have fun at all costs, even at the expense of Mikuru’s dignity!

Themes:
Comedy,
School Life

7:50 - Sakamichi no Apollon: (Kids on the Slope)
Lonely Kaoru Nishimi has lost count of how many times he has moved schools thanks to his father's naval career. Newly landed in Kyushu, he finds most of his classmates instantly antagonistic towards him and suspicious of his elite background. Only two other students seem not to mind who he is – the infamously abrasive Sentarou and the gentle Ritsuko. Unbeknownst to Kaoru they have a passion for jazz, and they're about to pull him out of his stiff, joyless world into theirs of loose, swinging self-expression. Through friendship and frustration, love and despair, Kaoru will learn that life has a wealth of experiences in store for him!

Themes:
Drama,
Music,
Historical

8:15 - Slayers
Meet Lina Inverse, a mighty sorceress who fights evil in the name of... greed, gluttony and black magic?! When she meets Gourry, a swordsman whose skill with the blade is rivaled only by his stupidity, Zelgadis, a grumpy sorceror who's been turned into a golem, and Rezo, a priest known for his benevolence (with a dark secret), you know her adventures are just beginning!

THemes:
Comedy,
Adventure,
Fantasy,
Magic

8:40 - BREAK

9:00 - Rideback
Amidst the turbulent revolution of 2025 wrought by the GGP government, Rin Ogata only dreams of becoming a ballerina; like her mother before her, Rin’s grace and agility mean she’s destined for success on the stage. However, an injury and the untimely death of her parents quickly shatter her aspirations and, for once, Rin’s existence seems purposeless. That is, until she enters the garage of a club one day and sits astride a RideBack! The RideBack, a motorcycle with arms and the ability to stand upright, offers Rin a new world of boundless movement! What she doesn’t realize, however, is that this club of RideBack enthusiasts is about to get dragged into the bloody war between the GGP and the terrorists intent on overthrowing them. Life may be more exciting now, but it’s also become very dangerous: will Rin’s natural talents as a pilot be enough in a world where racing is not just for glory, but for survival?

Themes:
Action,
Mecha,
Seinen,
Futuristic,
Racing,
Political

9:25 - Seitokai Yakuindomo (S.Y.D.)
Once a popular all girls' school, Ousai Private Academy is now co-ed due to declining birth rates. Takatoshi Tsuda, a boy newly attending Ousai solely because of the proximity to his house, is quickly forced to become the student council vice president and male representative of the school by president Shino Amakusa. Now looked upon as nothing more than a filthy pig by his female peers, Takatoshi must cope with learning about a whole new side of the opposite gender, hearing plenty of dirty sex and period jokes along the way!

Themes:
Comedy,
School Life,
Parody,
Sexual Content

9:50 - Mirai Nikki (Future Diary)
Yuki is a disaffected middle school boy who has no dreams or goals in life; in fact, the only thing he has is his diary. Writing down everything he observes and documenting every thought, the young boy uses it as an outlet for his imagination. One morning, however, Yuki wakes up to find his cell phone filled with diary entries for the next ninety days. Thinking nothing of it, he continues his morning until he begins to realize that everything on his phone is rapidly coming to pass, and it isn't just mere coincidence. Now, Yuki suddenly finds himself thrust into a survival game against other future diary owners to become the new Lord of Time.

Themes:
Shounen,
High Stakes Games,
Psychological,
Supernatural,
Survival

10:15 - OVA Slot
A Different, almost random OVA Every Week!

*Stuff taken from anime planet
Fidgit
SPAMM Secratary Fall 2012 - Spring 2013

Re: Fall 2012 Schedule

Postby dyre on Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:02 am

That's a pretty bitchin' first half. And overall not too bad. A very general appeal first half, with a more hardcore niche second half. Nice job :)

I watched the first season of Slayers on Netflix earlier this year, and it's certainly still watchable :) Are you guys going to watch the hilarious English dubbed version?
WARNING: blah blah blah sarcasm blah blaghh balls

FALCOOONN PUUNNCCCHHHHH!! -- Falcon Puunch!! x2

Support LISP Ban COBOL Love JAVA Also, Love FLEX... Also, Fuck FLEX.. Also, Fuck Java. Fuck client requests
dyre
Alumnus

Postby Zaku on Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:43 pm

A schedule I don't hate? WTF IS THIS?!
Zaku
Super Senior Otaku

Postby Megaton on Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:17 pm

Zaku wrote:A schedule I don't hate? WTF IS THIS?!

Indeed.
Megaton
SPAMM Forum Champion

Postby Zaku on Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:30 pm

Also, THANK YOU FOR TUESDAYS. PLEASE LET IT STAY TUESDAYS.
Zaku
Super Senior Otaku

Postby Zake on Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:30 pm

Yeah. Slayers has to be dubbed. The show really gains a lot from it.
Haiku, On Defeat:
Vanquished, my team lacked
Unity, teleporters;
Blame my ISP

"Cubic Time" - Cubes

[img]http://www.anime-planet.com/users/images/signatures/Zake.jpg[/mg]
This count is very out of date. Should probably update my profile...
Zake
Ex-Vice President / Richard Hawk

Postby Malarky on Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:41 pm

Zaku wrote:Also, THANK YOU FOR TUESDAYS. PLEASE LET IT STAY TUESDAYS.

Trust me, we all want that. We only changed the night because they scheduled a class Tuesday nights in Doudna 103. There really aren't any other rooms capable of holding these meetings properly.

2<3... But who doesn't?
Malarky
SPAMM President Fall 2010-Spring 2013

Postby grimsleeper on Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:26 pm

Zake wrote:Yeah. Slayers has to be dubbed. The show really gains a lot from it.

A very dub schedule.
Three shows with high amounts of Crispin Freeman.
"In theory there are no differences between theory and practice, but in practice there is."

grimsleeper
SPAMM President Fall 2009-Spring 2010

Postby Ilpalazzo on Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:12 pm

This schedule is pretty good. Haven't seen Haruhi in quite a while. Are we showing it as it originally aired or are we showing it in the order where it makes more sense? The only series on this line-up I haven't seen is Sakamichi no Appollon. As for the other series, I'm looking forward to the reactions that S.Y.D will get with its mature humor. I read the manga for Mirai Nikki and it a rather unusual mix of kawai and kawaii or cuteness and scary. I can see why its the last show on the line-up.
Ilpalazzo
Junior Otaku

Location: Historia Crux, attempting to reunite Serah with Lightning

Postby Creed on Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:21 pm

Ilpalazzo wrote:This schedule is pretty good. Haven't seen Haruhi in quite a while. Are we showing it as it originally aired or are we showing it in the order where it makes more sense? The only series on this line-up I haven't seen is Sakamichi no Appollon. As for the other series, I'm looking forward to the reactions that S.Y.D will get with its mature humor. I read the manga for Mirai Nikki and it a rather unusual mix of kawai and kawaii or cuteness and scary. I can see why its the last show on the line-up.

Haruhi will be shown in the order it was originally aired, way better that way
FFXIV username: Creed Fallenwing
Server: Fabul
Creed
SPAMM Publicity Chair Fall 2011 - Spring 2013

Postby Photon on Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:06 pm

Creed wrote:Haruhi will be shown in the order it was originally aired, way better that way

This schedule is going places.

notbad.jpg
Photon
Otaku
Otaku

Postby Zaku on Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:17 pm

Also, and I'm surprised no one has said this yet, the thread title is wrong.
Zaku
Super Senior Otaku

Postby Megaton on Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:05 pm

I think collectively we just want it to stay 2011...also, copy pasta.
Megaton
SPAMM Forum Champion

Postby Zake on Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:56 am

Also, the art you used for Slayers depicts characters only seen in Slayers Next (which I think is a better series all around, but both are great). If I had to pick a favorite reason, it is because Crispin Freeman started as Zelgadis, rather than being given the role after Daniel Cronin messed it up for 13 episodes (though in actuality, Daniel Cronin was replaced due to a production hiatus, during which he stopped being associated with Central Park Media).
Haiku, On Defeat:
Vanquished, my team lacked
Unity, teleporters;
Blame my ISP

"Cubic Time" - Cubes

[img]http://www.anime-planet.com/users/images/signatures/Zake.jpg[/mg]
This count is very out of date. Should probably update my profile...
Zake
Ex-Vice President / Richard Hawk

Postby iospace on Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:09 pm

I'm actually looking forward to this fall. I also predict there may be a couple carryovers.

(This is Alex btw)
iospace

Next

Return to Club & Forum Affairs