PlatteCon XXVI: Yarr of the Pirates (2013 march 1-3)

Check out what's happening at SPAMM. If you are new to the forums, check this forum for the Forum Rules and Registration/Posting Instructions.

Moderators: Megaton, Niehaus, Moderators

PlatteCon XXVI: Yarr of the Pirates (2013 march 1-3)

Postby Creed on Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:43 pm

ATTENTION SPAMM MEMBERS!!!!!

PlatteCon XXVI is coming up with BIG NEWS FOR SPAMM MEMBERS!!!

Hilary Schmidt, who is running PlatteCon this year, March 1st-3rd, is opening up session submissions to SPAMM members too! What does this mean? it means if you "work" 12 or more hours at PlattCon you get in for free!!!!
I use the word "work" loosely, since all you have to do is play games with other PlattCon goers. It can be a board game, video game tournament, card game/tournament. There have been people who ran Apples to Apples for 12 hours.

So how do you go about getting a session and "working" your way into a free weekend pass for PlattCon? either go to PlatteCon Submission thread , create an account and sign up on their thread. Or contact Hilary via Facebook or phone number:1-(920)-299-6083 for information on how to sign up.

Keep in mind, you actually have to sign up for these sessions in order to redeem the hours you work at PlattCon. you have until jan 1st of 2013 to sign up
FFXIV username: Creed Fallenwing
Server: Fabul
Creed
SPAMM Publicity Chair Fall 2011 - Spring 2013

Re: PlatteCon XXVI: Yarr of the Pirates (2013 march 1-3)

Postby Zake on Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:29 pm

That is nothing new. Anyone who runs 12 hours of sessions gets in for free, and SPAMM or its members have never been an exception (at least since 2003, when I got here), even during the years when the officers of each club were at odds with the other club.

Good times.
Haiku, On Defeat:
Vanquished, my team lacked
Unity, teleporters;
Blame my ISP

"Cubic Time" - Cubes

[img]http://www.anime-planet.com/users/images/signatures/Zake.jpg[/mg]
This count is very out of date. Should probably update my profile...
Zake
Ex-Vice President / Richard Hawk

Postby Bootkiller on Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:00 pm

I don't think it's so much that this is new, as much as the fact that we're telling people through the forum. Then again, I haven't seen many new people being active on the forum, so I guess it's kind of a moot point. I suppose I don't even post all that often, but I'm just a guy who prefers lurking most of the time.

Anyway, I'll probably end up spending most (if not all) of my 12 hours in the anime room, like last year. I'll try to think of at least a couple of sessions, though. Perhaps some mahjong if noone's made one yet.
Bootkiller
SPAMM Librarian

Postby Vibram on Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:53 pm

anyone else thinking One Piece Cosplay?
Vibram

Postby Creed on Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:01 pm

I know that last year spamm members were allowed to work at the con (anime room, info desk, etc.). I dunno if we were allowed to make sessions in the past, but this is the first time i've known of us being able to since i came to platteville (2010).

Bootkiller wrote: I'll try to think of at least a couple of sessions, though. Perhaps some mahjong if noone's made one yet.

Im fairly certain that nobody's made one yet
FFXIV username: Creed Fallenwing
Server: Fabul
Creed
SPAMM Publicity Chair Fall 2011 - Spring 2013

Postby Zake on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:52 am

Their policy has been really flexible, in the past. Anyone with a game who wanted to run a session of the game could do so. If such a person registered for 12 hours of these sessions prior to PlatteCon's printed flyer being completed, it would earn said person a weekend badge.
Haiku, On Defeat:
Vanquished, my team lacked
Unity, teleporters;
Blame my ISP

"Cubic Time" - Cubes

[img]http://www.anime-planet.com/users/images/signatures/Zake.jpg[/mg]
This count is very out of date. Should probably update my profile...
Zake
Ex-Vice President / Richard Hawk

Postby ishida244 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:42 pm

I think the Final cutoff date to get into the booklet got pushed back to January 26th at the PGA meeting.
ishida244

Return to Club & Forum Affairs