Spring 2013 Schedule

Check out what's happening at SPAMM. If you are new to the forums, check this forum for the Forum Rules and Registration/Posting Instructions.

Moderators: Megaton, Niehaus, Moderators

Spring 2013 Schedule

Postby Fidgit on Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:01 am

Spring 2013 Schedule:

Meetings held in Doudna 103 every Tuesday starting at 6:00!
First meeting is January 22.

6:00 - Social Hour
7:00 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
7:25 - La Storia Della Arcana Famiglia
7:50 - Sword Art Online
8:15 - Ouran Host Club
8:40 - BREAK
9:00 - Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
9:25 - Toradora
9:50 - Mirai Nikki
10:15 - OVA Slot

7:00 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex *carried over from last semester*
It is the year 2029, and as many rush to embrace the changes that cybernetic technology bring to mankind, the seedier side of humanity is even quicker to take advantage of it. This series follows Public Peace Section 9, a government organization that plays behind the scenes to stop the worst of these criminals. Join Major Motoko Kusanagi and her team as they take you through an incredibly vivid world filled with plots of such depth and intrigue as is seldom seen.

Themes:
Sci Fi
Cyborgs
Futuristic
Cyberpunk
Hackers

7:25 - La Storia Della Arcana Famiglia
The Arcana Famiglia is no ordinary mafia. The organization, headed by the powerful Mondo, lives on Regalo Island and protects its citizens from crime and corruption with the help of certain members who wield supernatural powers known as Arcana. But Mondo is growing older, and has decided to organize a tournament to determine which Arcana wielder will take his place – and his daughter Felicitá's hand in marriage, much to her dismay. Now, as Felicitá herself and other friends and colleagues wait to enter the competition, they reminisce about old times, perform good deeds for the townsfolk and continue to hone their Arcana skills.

Themes:
Comedy,
School Life

7:50 - Sword Art Online
The year is 2022, and gamers have lined up on launch day for Sword Art Online, a hotly-anticipated MMORPG that lets players connect to an immersive virtual reality world with special helmets called Nerve Gear. Kirito is one such gamer who's eager to jump back into action, having spent a great deal of time as a beta tester, and quickly becomes friends with newbie warrior Klein. But soon, Sword Art Online's 10,000 players discover that not only are they unable to log out, the only way they can return to their physical bodies is by beating the 100-level tower's final boss - that is, if their HP doesn't drop to zero first, for death in the game means death in the real world. Now, with no one else to turn to, Kirito and the other participants must survive the game as best they can – some forming guilds, others ruthlessly leaving their peers behind, and many tragically falling by the wayside or to the merciless monsters populating the lands...

Themes:
Action,
Sci Fi,
Adventure,
Fantasy,
High Stakes Games,
Person in a Strange World

8:15 - Ouran Host Club
Ouran High is a school for the extremely wealthy or, in Haruhi's case, the extremely talented. But no amount of talent will help when Haruhi accidentally drops an eight million yen vase in a music room. The vase was the property of Ouran High School Host Club, a group of attractive young men who, for a fee, provide their time and affections for their lovesick clientele: the female students. Fascinated by this strange new specimen, a poor and clumsy commoner, they force Haruhi to work for them until the debt is repaid; but they get a lot more than they bargained for...

Themes:
Comedy,
Reverse Harem,
Shoujo,
School Life,
Random

8:40 - BREAK

9:00 - Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Simon lives a boring life in the underground village of Jeeha, where his main job day in and day out is to dig tunnels. His close friend Kamina, however, longs to bust out of their oppressive existence and reach the surface world where open skies and adventure await! One day, during his usual digs, Simon discovers a robot with a big face buried amongst the rocks. No sooner has he shown Kamina his mysterious find when two beings from the surface crash land into Jeeha Village - one is a gun-toting woman calling herself Yoko and the other is a terrifying mecha piloted by a Beastman! Seeing their chance to escape village drudgery, Kamina rallies Simon and Yoko to defeat the invader using their new robot, Lagann. However, upon breaking out onto the surface world, Simon, Kamina, and Yoko encounter enemies more powerful than they could have envisioned. Their fight for adventure just turned into a war for the survival of the human race - will their lust for freedom hold out against such terrible odds?

Themes:
Ecchi,
Shounen,
Action,
Mecha,
Sci Fi,
Adventure,
Comedy

9:25 - Toradora
Ryuuji Takasu has an eventful life: his classmates think he's a delinquent due to his 'killer' eyes; his crush Minori seems ever out of reach; and he’s just had an unfortunate encounter with 'palm-sized Taiga' – a feisty and dainty wench in his class. With different cleaning habits and tempers, the two clash like night and day; that is, except for the fact that Taiga and Ryuuji have crushes on the other's good friend! With school rumors abounding, the duo must now work together to play matchmaker for each other. Who will end up with their true love?

Themes:
Comedy,
Romance,
Tsundere,
School Life

9:50 - Mirai Nikki (Future Diary)
Yuki is a disaffected middle school boy who has no dreams or goals in life; in fact, the only thing he has is his diary. Writing down everything he observes and documenting every thought, the young boy uses it as an outlet for his imagination. One morning, however, Yuki wakes up to find his cell phone filled with diary entries for the next ninety days. Thinking nothing of it, he continues his morning until he begins to realize that everything on his phone is rapidly coming to pass, and it isn't just mere coincidence. Now, Yuki suddenly finds himself thrust into a survival game against other future diary owners to become the new Lord of Time.

Themes:
Shounen,
High Stakes Games,
Psychological,
Supernatural,
Survival

10:15 - OVA Slot
A Different, almost random OVA Every Week!

*Stuff taken from anime planet
Congratulations! by clicking "I agree" you have given up your right to intelligent discussion, rational thought and any semblance of human decency. Welcome to the Internet.
Fidgit
SPAMM Secratary Fall 2012 - Spring 2013

Re: Spring 2013 Schedule

Postby chronomeister on Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:43 am

Toradorable

Well let's get this thread started.

ALL GLORY TO THE MINORIN!

()~ KIRABOSHI!
its a good day to do what has to be done by me - John Freeman
chronomeister
Digital Champion

Postby Zaku on Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:40 am

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh

Too bad I was always stuck doing homework tuesday nights last semester. I don't think I'll be around much with this schedule.
Zaku
Super Senior Otaku

Postby dyre on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:47 am

chronomeister wrote:

WARNING: blah blah blah sarcasm blah blaghh balls

FALCOOONN PUUNNCCCHHHHH!! -- Falcon Puunch!! x2

Support LISP Ban COBOL Love JAVA Also, Love FLEX... Also, Fuck FLEX.. Also, Fuck Java. Fuck client requests
dyre
Alumnus

Postby iLaifire on Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:56 pm

This schedule looks pretty good, I might try making it to spamm every now and then. When does the semester start?
iLaifire

Postby chronomeister on Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:51 pm

Here I had all my guns locked and loaded ready to blast you guys a new one about how shitty the schedule is but then shit like this happens and it makes you guys look good.

Also more Minorin
()~ KIRABOSHI!
chronomeister
Digital Champion

Postby Zaku on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:56 pm

NO KAMIYAMA NOT INTERESTED
Zaku
Super Senior Otaku

Postby Niehaus on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:30 am

Where's Major?
Niehaus
SPAMM President Fall 2006-Spring 2009

Postby Dreidel on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:47 pm

iLaifire wrote:This schedule looks pretty good, I might try making it to spamm every now and then. When does the semester start?

The semester starts on Jan. 22nd and that is also the first SPAMM meeting.
Dreidel
SPAMM Vice-President Fall 2011 - Spring 2013

Postby Bootkiller on Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:30 am

What about the "confirmation" I got from Penguin about showing Inferno Cop during BREAK?

I feel this is integral to improving BREAK's ratings.
Bootkiller
SPAMM Librarian

Postby qPenguin on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:58 pm

I still think it would be perfect for MST3K night's BREAK.
"I know exactly what I'm doing. I'm just playing the character where I don't know what I'm doing until I do it."
qPenguin
SPAMM Librarian Fall 2012 - Spring 2013

Postby Ilpalazzo on Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:38 pm

Not too bad of a schedule. Its good to see GL on the line-up again. I can also provide the DVDs for that series if need be.
Ilpalazzo
Junior Otaku

Location: Historia Crux, attempting to reunite Serah with Lightning

Postby chronomeister on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:07 pm

qPenguin wrote:I still think it would be perfect for MST3K night's BREAK.

Why would you put it there? MST3K is for bad shows. Inferno Cop is the magnum opus of all anime that every anime strives to to as good as. I've already changed my grading scale to based on a scale from 1 to Inferno Cop.
()~ KIRABOSHI!
chronomeister
Digital Champion

Postby qPenguin on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:52 am

I'm not really a big fan of the art style, but I did really enjoy watching it. I'm just having a hard time convincing the other officers how much epicness is packed into each 2min episode. I think in a worst case I could always sneak it into a preview night, but I really think it would work well as mini show during break.
"I know exactly what I'm doing. I'm just playing the character where I don't know what I'm doing until I do it."
qPenguin
SPAMM Librarian Fall 2012 - Spring 2013

Return to Club & Forum Affairs