Summer 2013 Schedule

Check out what's happening at SPAMM. If you are new to the forums, check this forum for the Forum Rules and Registration/Posting Instructions.

Moderators: Megaton, Niehaus, Moderators

Summer 2013 Schedule

Postby Oci on Sun May 26, 2013 10:36 pm

The Summer Schedule has been decided!
First meeting for Summer 2013 will be Tuesday (June 4) @ 6:00pm in Otts 140.

To make it clear: our meetings will NOT meet in Doudna 103 this Summer. You will find not-anime club if you find yourself at the typical room.

And now..
2013 Summer Schedule (of love~ (and gay implications))
----------------------------------------------
6:00 - Social Hour
7:00 - GITS S.A.C. 2nd Gig
7:25 - Ouran Host Club (Continuing from Ep 14)
7:50 - Gravitation
8:15 - Ben-To
8:40 - Break
9:00 - Sword Art Online "Fairy Dance"
9:25 - Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions
9:50 - Loveless
10:15 - OVA Slot

7:00 - Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig
In a futuristic world where the internet and cybernetics has blurred the borders between societies; the members of Public Security Section 9 are reinstated to assist in solving numerous cases of cyber crime. A spate of similar crimes committed by separate suicidal groups known as "The Individual Eleven" becomes the core focus for Section 9 as war approaches in the form of refugees flooding into the country.
Source: animenewsnetwork.com

7:25 - Ouran Host Club (Continuing from Ep 14)
Haruhi is a poor tomboyish student at a school for the ultra-wealthy, able to attend because of a scholarship, and unable to even afford a uniform. One day, she stumbles across the decidedly peculiar but very popular Ouran Host Club. She tries to leave, but accidentally breaks a vase, and unable to pay for it, she's told that she'll have to stay and do odd jobs. That is, until they decide she would be more valuable as a club member. Not realizing she's female due to her appearance, they fix her up and give her a male uniform. She's an instant hit, so they decide to have her keep up the charade even after they find out the truth. Haruhi, being average almost to a fault, doesn't know what to make of the unconventional activities of the Host Club (or of the even more unconventional members), but having little choice, she plays along. Before long, real bonds are formed, friends made, and Haruhi finds herself accepted in a way she could never have been otherwise in this affluent school.

7:50 - Gravitation
As a member of a musical duo on the verge of making it into show business, Shindou Shuichi has a lot on his mind -- especially since he writes the songs for his Bad Luck band. His life gets no less hectic when he bumps into Yuki Eiri, a successful yet cynical author extraordinaire, who immediately insults Shuichi’s lyrics upon reading them. Seeking him out to demand an apology, Shuichi nevertheless sees other facets of Eiri’s personality. Can he accept the fact that he might be developing feelings for the novelist who discredited his work on their first meeting?
Source: anime-planet.com

8:15 - Ben-To
After collapsing in the street bloodied and battered, You Satou has no recollection of what happened to him – the only thing he remembers is going to the supermarket to buy a bento lunchbox. After having bizarre encounters the entire following day including a stern warning to stay away from the store, You returns that night to buy dinner. But when he spies the shelf of half-priced bento and reaches out for one, the penniless teen finds himself thrust into a world where the rush to get a good deal becomes an epic battle in which only the strongest survive…

8:40 - Break (typically showing Penny Arcade web-shows and/or relevant vidyas)

9:00 - Sword Art Online; "Fairy Dance"
Two months have passed since the end of the Sword Art Online game, and Kazuto (aka Kirito) has recovered physically, but he can't be happy because Asuna is one of 300 SAO players who have yet to wake up. [...] While in the pit of depression, one of Kazuto's contacts from SAO drops a bombshell on him: someone who appears to be Asuna has been spotted in an inaccessible part of a newer VR MMO called Alfheim Online (ALO for short), where players assume the roles of fairies in a game heavily-centered around factional conflict. Kazuto enters the game to attempt to find out what's going on and quickly make friends with a veteran player whom he helps out initially and who agrees to help him on his quest to get to the top of the world's central World Tree, where Asuna is believed to be.

9:25 - Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions
Yuuta Togashi suffered from chuunibyou while he was in middle school. When he graduated, he put that dark history behind him and forgot about it... or he was supposed to. High school was smooth sailing and full of enjoyment - until the unavoidable, sad event occurs. The event that locks Yuuta into a contract with Rikka Takanashi and disrupts his desperately ordinary life.
Source: animecenter.tv

9:50 - Loveless
Ritsuka has nowhere to run or hide. He lost his memories and his mother’s loving support, and then his brother -- his sole defender -- was brutally murdered. He is entirely alone until Soubi appears, saying the words he most wants to hear, but refuses to believe: “I love you and will do anything for you.” Flung into a world of intrigue and magic, where bonded pairs battle and only Soubi can fight for him, he struggles to find his brother’s killer. Yet he must also face the most bitter question of all: if you can't remember who you were, does that mean you don't know who you are?
Last edited by Oci on Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Small correction
Oci
SPAMM Publicity Chair

Re: Summer 2013 Schedule

Postby HyruleanCookieZelda on Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:32 am

Oci, you added 40 to the room number. It's Otts 140!
HyruleanCookieZelda
Ex-Vice President / Richard Hawk

Postby Niehaus on Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:51 pm

OH MY!

Is that some Gravitation I see on the schedule? Who is the brilliant man who put that on? I heavily applaud your decisionmake.
Niehaus
SPAMM President Fall 2006-Spring 2009

Postby Zaku on Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:33 pm

the fujoshi is strong with this schedule
Zaku
Super Senior Otaku

Postby tony-kun on Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:18 pm

Summer of Shotacon
tony-kun
正義のAlumnus

Postby dirked on Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:35 pm

Loveless and Gravitation? Did Niehaus make this schedule?
dirked
Super Awesome

Postby Niehaus on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:01 pm

Dirk the Magnificient wrote:Loveless and Gravitation? Did Niehaus make this schedule?

There is no Hokuto no Ken, Yuki.
Niehaus
SPAMM President Fall 2006-Spring 2009

Postby Oci on Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:10 am

There was a lot of sway in this summer's schedule. It just worked out too perfectly for us to show a plethora of dem shows.
I know I'm gonna stay throughout the entire evening.
Oci
SPAMM Publicity Chair

Postby KJ on Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:06 am

well there are a few things i would really like to see on this schedule... but there are two things i will avoid like the plague on this schedule so polite pass.
"I'm in love with my lust burning angel wings to dust. I wish i had your angel tonight" - Nightwish
"The World will look up and cry Save us... And I'll whisper... No." Watchmen Trailer
"Poor the gas, light the match, BURN! Poor the gas, light the match, BURN!" Burned The Earth: Dethklok
"Sandpaper condem... No lube.... Bus fair if ya smile." Broken Saints.
KJ
Senior Otaku

Postby jman on Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:05 pm

If only I wasn't staying in Cobb the entire Summer, I would go. (Unless there's someone going who lives in Dodgeville or Montfort.)
jman
Junior Otaku

Postby Bootkiller on Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:44 pm

The Summer of Love (and Gay Implications)

A schedule title made by a very proud Boots.

"There can be only one, like in that foreign movie where there could be only one, and in the end there was only one dude left, because that was the point." Kenji Setou, Katawa Shoujo
"And then Gordon Freeman came along and beat the bear cub to death with a crowbar. Mission accomplished." -Kanagawa Bancho, OMGWTFOTL
Bootkiller
SPAMM Librarian

Postby HyruleanCookieZelda on Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:53 pm

I just want to remind everyone there will be no soda and no ordering pizza at summer SPAMM. FEND FOR YOURSELVES, MU-WA-HAH-HAH-HAH.
HyruleanCookieZelda

Postby HyruleanCookieZelda on Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:34 pm

KJ wrote:well there are a few things i would really like to see on this schedule... but there are two things i will avoid like the plague on this schedule so polite pass.

Just out of curiosity's sake, and I'm not going to be mad or berate you, but what two shows are you not interested in seeing?
HyruleanCookieZelda

Postby tony-kun on Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:22 pm

No matter what you show, there's a good chance it won't be the worst thing that's been shown at Summer SPAMM.
tony-kun
正義のAlumnus

Postby Rinoa on Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:52 pm

If I recall, KJ isn't into the gay.
nyannyannyannyannyannyannyan
Rinoa
Kitties of the North Star

Next

Return to Club & Forum Affairs