Fall 2013 Schedule

Check out what's happening at SPAMM. If you are new to the forums, check this forum for the Forum Rules and Registration/Posting Instructions.

Moderators: Megaton, Niehaus, Moderators

Fall 2013 Schedule

Postby Sequence on Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:15 pm

Fall 2013 Schedule:

Meetings held in Doudna 103 every Tuesday starting at 6:00!
First meeting is September 3rd.

8/25/13 BOOTS EDIT: After hearing the general response, we have decided to make a slight edit to the schedule by switching two slots around.
8/28/13 BOOTS EDIT: Never mind, switching back. Things were misinterpreted on my end, sorry about that.

6:00 -- Social Hour/SPAMM Tournament
7:00 -- Club Meeting/Announcements
7:05 – Rune Soldier
7:30 – Working!!
7:55 – Heroman
8:20 – Cromartie High School
8:45 – Break
9:00 – Shingeki no Kyojin / Attack on Titan
9:25 – Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
9:50 – Danganronpa
10:15 – To Be Announced

7:05 - Rune Soldier
Louie is a student at a mage’s school, but secretly yearns for adventure. One night he meets a group of treasure hunters: Melissa, a Mylee priestess; Genie, a warrior; and Merill, a thief. They are in need of a mage so Louie volunteers to join them, but they decline his offer when they witness his poor mage skills. The next day, Melissa prays to her god to guide her to the hero she should serve. Her god replies that the next man she sees will be her hero, after which Louie literally falls down from the sky! Against her will, Louie is the hero she should honor and thus, Louie is accepted into their group. He is now a treasure hunter, mage, warrior, and hero?! With little expertise in anything, he can't possibly be of much use!

Themes:
Fantasy,
Adventure

7:30 - Working!!
Self-professed lover of all things small and cute, Souta Takanashi finds himself dragooned into working at the Wagnaria family restaurant by the diminutive and vivacious Poplar Taneshima. Though the pay is reasonable and the clientele polite, the high school student is often at his wits' end when dealing with the quirky staff. If the indifferent and street-tough manager, katana-carrying floor chief, and terminally weak Poplar weren't enough, Souta frequently fears for his life, as every encounter with the violently androphobic Inami ends in injury. How long can he survive before the combined stress and harm do him in?

Themes:
Comedy,
Slice Of Life

7:55 - Heroman
Poor, short, and unathletic Joey Jones has always been picked on by the rich kids at his school. But when a lightning bolt turns a toy robot he salvaged from the trash into a hulking, remote-controlled bruiser, Joey becomes the only thing standing between humanity and a terrifying race of alien invaders, The Skrugg. If he's going to save the world, however, he's going to need the help of his friends Psy, Lina, and Professor Denton, along with more courage than he ever knew he had.

Themes:
Action,
Sci Fi,
America,
Robots

8:20 - Cromartie High School
At Cromartie High, it’s tough being a delinquent -- a fact that do-gooder Takashi Kamiyama intimately understands. When he’s not engaging in contests of strength and rival gang wars, Kamiyama can also be found submitting punny jokes and planning his own rise to fame within the delinquents’ ranks, and that’s just the beginning! With friends like robotic Mechazawa, a giant gorilla, a hairy man from the 80s named Freddie and a clan of delinquents with mohawks that flow in the wind, how can anyone not enjoy high school?

Themes:
Comedy,
Delinquents,
School Life,
Random

8:45 - BREAK

9:00 - Shingeki No Kyojin / Attack on Titan
Over a century ago, mankind was devoured by giant beings of unknown intelligence and origin known as Titans – creatures that eat humans alive indiscriminately and for no apparent reason. The remaining population has managed to survive the last hundred years only by building a multi-walled city capable of keeping the Titans at bay, training military recruits to patrol the perimeter and gather intelligence about their mysterious foe. Eren and Mikasa have lived a relatively peaceful life behind the city's walls, but when a massive Titan appears, smashing the outer barrier and unleashing a wave of terror, their lives are brutally changed forever...

Themes:
Action,
Horror,
Violence

9:25 - Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Life is simply not worth living for down and out school teacher Itoshiki Nozomu. He has no hope of progress, no prospect of promotion, no chance at happiness… he is in despair! Even his name spells 'zetsubou' – 'despair', when compressed. But when the time comes to end it all, Itoshiki's attempted suicide on the first day of the new school year is foiled by relentlessly positive Fuura Kafuka. This saves Itoshiki long enough to meet his new class, and the quirky range of students under his care. Will Itoshiki Nozomu depress his students with his anguish? Or will Fuura show Zetsubou-sensei the joys of life and hope?

Themes:
Comedy,
Slice of Life,
Despair

9:50 - Danganronpa
Hope’s Peak Private Academy is a super-exclusive institute that gathers the best and the brightest, provides them with a world-class education, and propels them into any career they wish. At least, that’s what the average student Naegi used to think. Having been accepted into a class of 15 students through a lottery system, the boy quickly comes to learn that Hope’s Peak is no ordinary school. In reality, he and the group find themselves trapped inside and learn that the only way to "graduate" is to murder a fellow student and fool everyone in a trial that determines life or death! Led by the whimsically-cruel, teddy-bear-like Monobear, Naegi and the others must do whatever it takes to escape this bizarre, deadly game.

Themes:
Mystery,
High Stakes Games,
Psychological

10:15 - OVA Slot
A Different, almost random OVA Every Week!

*descriptions taken from animeplanet
Sequence

Re: Fall 2013 Schedule

Postby Creed on Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:19 pm

FIRST!!!

but seriously, looks really cool
FFXIV username: Creed Fallenwing
Server: Fabul
Creed
SPAMM Publicity Chair Fall 2011 - Spring 2013

Postby Zaku on Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:57 pm

Hasn't everyone and their mother already seen AoT?
Zaku
Super Senior Otaku

Postby jman on Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:09 pm

While I enjoy AoT, it's so slow that it's not worth showing.
jman
Junior Otaku

Postby chronomeister on Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:21 pm

I dunno man. AoT has been demoted to the first thing on the list of "ran out of the shows I'm looking forward to". I mean Freedom Machine Gay Swimming hasn't even gone that low.

Also, yes it's happening. Everything is going according to keikaku. Soon, THE PLAN shall be executed.
()~ KIRABOSHI!
its a good day to do what has to be done by me - John Freeman
chronomeister
Digital Champion

Postby jman on Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:55 pm

[quote="chronomeister"]Also, yes it's happening. Everything is going according to keikaku. Soon, THE PLAN shall be executed.[/quote]

I don't want to know.
jman
Junior Otaku

Postby Foxtrot on Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:36 pm

Hey not bad. Cromartie was shown not that long ago, but otherwise this looks pretty good. Pretty bold choice for opening show.

AoT's popularity has really rocketed lately, so I get why its in the "Awesome slot." No idea if its any good yet.

Also, are any of these being shown in dub? Personally, while I'm usually pretty much set on watching most anime subbed, I gotta say Cromartie is pretty awesome dubbed.

However, I must protest. When I voted for Jaime I WAS PROMISED SGT. FROG!!! WHERE'S MY FUCKING FROG JAMIE?!
Foxtrot
SPAMM Secratary Fall 2011 - Spring 2012

Postby Hobofat on Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:09 pm

Helping
Hobofat

Postby Echotech on Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:59 pm

I think i looks pretty good but i do have one thing to say about the time slot choice of AoT i feel that having that show in the slot when people are going to eating might not be the best choice.
Echotech
Irregular Member

Postby HyruleanCookieZelda on Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:36 pm

Foxtrot wrote:Hey not bad. Cromartie was shown not that long ago, but otherwise this looks pretty good.

I looked, Cromartie was summer 2009, so 4 years ago and it was during the summer. I couldn't find any other references to it being shown.
HyruleanCookieZelda
Ex-Vice President / Richard Hawk

Postby chronomeister on Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:03 pm

HyruleanCookieZelda wrote:I couldn't find any other references to it being shown.

It was a carry-over from Spring. I remember watching Cromartie and I generally don't stay for summer so I thought it might have been a carry-over. But still 4 years.
()~ KIRABOSHI!
its a good day to do what has to be done by me - John Freeman
chronomeister
Digital Champion

Postby qPenguin on Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:13 am

[quote="Echotech"]I think i looks pretty good but i do have one thing to say about the time slot choice of AoT i feel that having that show in the slot when people are going to eating might not be the best choice.[/quote]

Delicious!

Also I feel that Attack on Titan and Danganronpa should be swapped. Think of it this way if someone is squimish they might be okay with the pink blood in Danganronpa, but not so much with mmm mmm people.
Last edited by qPenguin on Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
qPenguin
SPAMM Librarian Fall 2012 - Spring 2013

Postby Zaku on Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:17 am

[quote="Echotech"]I think i looks pretty good but i do have one thing to say about the time slot choice of AoT i feel that having that show in the slot when people are going to eating might not be the best choice.[/quote]

it's the perfect time, the show would just make everyone hungry.

Also fuck you bbCode
Zaku
Super Senior Otaku

Postby Bootkiller on Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:38 am

I'd be fine with switching AoT and Danganronpa personally (I fucking love Danganronpa, and think that it would also work in the "showstopper" slot), but I think we had figured that AoT's one of the most hyped shows right now, so people would have been expecting it in the "showstopper" slot. If people think it would be a better idea to switch the two shows, I'd be happy with discussing it next time the officers meet.

Chrono: We did consider Free as a possibility, and thought it was pretty good, but figured it would work a lot better as a summer show. Also, after having an entire summer of mostly gay shows, I pointed out that it might be better to hold off on this one, at least until next semester.

Foxtrot: Rune Soldier will be shown in the dub. I'd be ok with Cromartie's dub, except that the original japanese has NORIO WAKAMOTO, so sub wins. Also, if it wasn't for my recommendation for Cromartie, Sgt. Frog probably would have been in that slot. So, sorry about that.

"There can be only one, like in that foreign movie where there could be only one, and in the end there was only one dude left, because that was the point." Kenji Setou, Katawa Shoujo
"And then Gordon Freeman came along and beat the bear cub to death with a crowbar. Mission accomplished." -Kanagawa Bancho, OMGWTFOTL
Bootkiller
SPAMM Librarian

Postby grimsleeper on Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:18 am

Echotech wrote:I think i looks pretty good but i do have one thing to say about the time slot choice of AoT i feel that having that show in the slot when people are going to eating might not be the best choice.

I managed to eat dinner just fine during Hunger Games, I'm sure they will be fine.

chronomeister wrote:
HyruleanCookieZelda wrote:I couldn't find any other references to it being shown.

It was a carry-over from Spring. I remember watching Cromartie and I generally don't stay for summer so I thought it might have been a carry-over. But still 4 years.

IIRC I did continue it to the summer. Never mind that, I just watched it over the summer. Doesn't really matter though, Cromartie should be shown every semester.
"In theory there are no differences between theory and practice, but in practice there is."

grimsleeper
SPAMM President Fall 2009-Spring 2010

Next

Return to Club & Forum Affairs