Fall 2014 Schedule!

Check out what's happening at SPAMM. If you are new to the forums, check this forum for the Forum Rules and Registration/Posting Instructions.

Moderators: Megaton, Niehaus, Moderators

Fall 2014 Schedule!

Postby Yoroko on Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:17 pm

6:00 - Social Hour
7:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
7:25 - Cuticle Tantei Inaba
7:50 - Star Driver
8:15 - Silver Spoon (Gin no Saji)
8:40 - Break
9:00 - Samurai 7
9:25 - Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle
9:50 - Claymore
10:15 - OVA Slot

6:00 - Social Hour
7:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Two brothers lose their mother to an incurable disease. With the power of "alchemy", they use taboo knowledge to resurrect her. The process fails, and as a toll for using this type of alchemy, the older brother, Edward Elric loses his left leg while the younger brother, Alphonse Elric loses his entire body. To save his brother, Edward sacrifices his right arm and is able to affix his brother's soul to a suit of armor. With the help of a family friend, Edward receives metal limbs - "automail" - to replace his lost ones. With that, Edward vows to search for the Philosopher's Stone to return the brothers to their original bodies, even if it means becoming a "State Alchemist", one who uses his/her alchemy for the military

7:25 - Cuticle Tantei Inaba

The story revolves around Hiroshi Inaba, a private detective, and part-wolf-part-human being who was created artificially. Hiroshi runs his own detective agency and solves cases with the help of his cross-dressing secretary Yuuta, and Kei, a "relatively normal" teenager. The plot centres on Hiroshi and the gang trying to arrest his arch-nemesis Don Valentino, a mastermind goat with a taste for money (literally).

7:50 - Star Driver

In the remote Southern Cross island, a secret organization named The Glittering Crux plans to reactivate giant mobile suits that have been sealed for ages. Known as cybodies, they can only be controlled by pilots identified as star drivers. To unleash their full power, the mysterious group must brake the seals of the four shrine maidens that reside in the isle. Recently arrived outsider Takuto Tsunashi vows to stop the Glittering Crux in order to protect Wako Agemaki, girl who saved his life and is one of the four maidens. Wako is a lively young lady who has already been betrothed to Sugata Shindou, a rich and talented childhood friend. Despite being very close to Agemaki, Sugata quietly disapproves this engagement since it was forced on to them due to a family tradition. The melancholic couple becomes a radiant trio as Takuto becomes not only their friend, but protector of the seals since he is none other than the Galactic Pretty Boy, gifted star driver of Tauburn, the 22nd cybody.

8:15 - Silver Spoon (Gin no Saji)

Yūgo Hachiken decided to escape from the stressful school and home environment in the city by enrolling at Ōezo Agricultural High School. Unlike his peers who'll eventually embark upon an agricultural career, he decides to study there only because he believes it'll be less competitive academically. Unfamiliar with his new surroundings, he tries his best to adapt to the agricultural world he had never thought of living in.

8:40 - Break

9:00 - Samurai 7

A small village is being persecuted by robbers who return every harvest to seize the village's crops. Faced with starvation, the villagers send out a mission to find and recruit some samurai to defend them. With no pay to offer except rice, and knowing full well that only down-on-their-luck samurai would even consider accepting such an deal, the villagers can only hope that their saviours will appear before the rice is ready for harvest.

9:25- Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle

Kaito Daimon is a brilliant 16-year-old teenager who loves to solve puzzles. He acquires an enigmatic item called the Armband of Orpheus that allows him to fully utilize his brain, but that consequentially drains him completely. Currently attending Root Academy as an honor student, he is invited by the school principal to confront a secret organization named POG that creates deadly Sage Puzzles to protect invaluable treasures and challenge the select few individuals capable of facing them. Given the title of Einstein, Kaito battles against the mysterious group in order to keep a promise he made as a kid while at the same time he heads towards the ultimate test: the Divine Puzzle.

9:50- Claymore

In a world rife with deadly creatures called "youma", a young silver eyed woman, Clare, works on behalf of an organisation that trains female youma halfbreeds into warriors with the ability to destroy these creatures. Considered a rogue for picking up a stray child & almost losing herself to her youma side by "Awakening", she is constantly assigned rather dangerous missions...

10:15 - OVA Slot (to be decided)

*All summaries came from http://www.animenewsnetwork.com
Yoroko
SPAMM Publicity Chair

Re: Fall 2014 Schedule!

Postby Bootkiller on Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:06 pm

I'm super-cool with this schedule.

Honestly, the only thing I was surprised by was that Cuticle Tantei Inaba made it to the schedule.

I fucking loved the show, but I figured it was way too weird for a regular audience.

Can't wait for the return of KIRABOSH!

"There can be only one, like in that foreign movie where there could be only one, and in the end there was only one dude left, because that was the point." Kenji Setou, Katawa Shoujo
"And then Gordon Freeman came along and beat the bear cub to death with a crowbar. Mission accomplished." -Kanagawa Bancho, OMGWTFOTL
Bootkiller
SPAMM Librarian

Postby chronomeister on Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:19 pm

Why is Star Driver back on the schedule? WHY?! Were you guys like "we need a mecha show. Name a mecha show"? I'm going to assume it was "people need to experience Star Driver for the full kiraboshi effect". I would have liked to see Aquarion EVOL before Star Driver gets back on. It has the similar feel but is different.

Eh whatever. ()~ KIRABOSHI!

()~ KIRABOSHI!
its a good day to do what has to be done by me - John Freeman
chronomeister
Digital Champion

Postby Zaku on Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:20 am

I swear I've seen this schedule before
Zaku
Super Senior Otaku

Postby Bootkiller on Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:43 pm

Sorry about the edit, I just switched out the FMA and Claymore pictures so that the layout of the site displays properly.

For future reference, if you're looking for pictures that will be a good size, I've been using the display images from Animeplanet for each show.

"There can be only one, like in that foreign movie where there could be only one, and in the end there was only one dude left, because that was the point." Kenji Setou, Katawa Shoujo
"And then Gordon Freeman came along and beat the bear cub to death with a crowbar. Mission accomplished." -Kanagawa Bancho, OMGWTFOTL
Bootkiller
SPAMM Librarian

Return to Club & Forum Affairs