Spring 2015 Schedule!

Check out what's happening at SPAMM. If you are new to the forums, check this forum for the Forum Rules and Registration/Posting Instructions.

Moderators: Megaton, Niehaus, Moderators

Spring 2015 Schedule!

Postby Yoroko on Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:23 pm

6:00 - Social Hour
7:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
7:25 - Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
7:50 - Nobunagun
8:15 - Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha
8:40 - Break
9:00 - Black Bullet
9:25 - Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle
9:50 - Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
10:15 - OVA Slot

6:00 - Social Hour

7:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Two brothers lose their mother to an incurable disease. With the power of "alchemy", they use taboo knowledge to resurrect her. The process fails, and as a toll for using this type of alchemy, the older brother, Edward Elric loses his left leg while the younger brother, Alphonse Elric loses his entire body. To save his brother, Edward sacrifices his right arm and is able to affix his brother's soul to a suit of armor. With the help of a family friend, Edward receives metal limbs - "automail" - to replace his lost ones. With that, Edward vows to search for the Philosopher's Stone to return the brothers to their original bodies, even if it means becoming a "State Alchemist", one who uses his/her alchemy for the military

7:25 Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
The romantic comedy story begins when high school student Sakura Chiyo confesses her feelings to her classmate Nozaki. Due to a misunderstanding, Nozaki thinks Sakura is just a fan of his shoujo manga work. Sakura has to convey her true feelings while her relationship with Nozaki develops.

7:50 - Nobunagun
Shio Ogura is a Japanese high school student, who is visiting Taiwan on a school trip when she is suddenly attacked by monsters. Agents known as "E-Gene Holders" from the government agency DOGOO also arrive, who wield weapons infused with the spirits of historical figures. Shio is revealed to also be an E-Gene Holder when the soul of Oda Nobunaga awakens after she tries to rescue a friend.

8:15 - Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha
Fushimi Inari is a shy, not-so-bright middle school girl living in Kyoto's Fushimi ward. She has a crush on her classmate Tanbabashi, but cannot express her feelings. One day, as thanks for helping a fox pup, the deity Ukanomitama-no-kami grants her the ability to change her form.

8:40 - Break
9:00 - Black Bullet
A near future, where humans have been defeated by the viral parasites named Gastrea. They have been exiled into a small territory and live in despair, side-by-side in terror.
In this world trapped in darkness—
Rentaro, a boy living near Tokyo and member of the "Civil Security"—an organization specializing in fighting against the Gastrea—is used to accomplishing dangerous tasks. His partner is Enju, a precocious young girl. They fight thanks to their peculiar powers until one day, when they receive a special assignment from the government. This top secret mission is to prevent the destruction of Tokyo...
Set in a near future, this thrilling heroic-action story... starts now!

9:25 - Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle
Kaito Daimon is a brilliant 16-year-old teenager who loves to solve puzzles. He acquires an enigmatic item called the Armband of Orpheus that allows him to fully utilize his brain, but that consequentially drains him completely. Currently attending Root Academy as an honor student, he is invited by the school principal to confront a secret organization named POG that creates deadly Sage Puzzles to protect invaluable treasures and challenge the select few individuals capable of facing them. Given the title of Einstein, Kaito battles against the mysterious group in order to keep a promise he made as a kid while at the same time he heads towards the ultimate test: the Divine Puzzle.

9:50 - Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
She has a loving family and best friends, laughs and cries from time to time... Madoka Kaname, an eighth grader of Mitakihara middle school, is one of those who lives such a life. One day, she had a very magical encounter. She doesn't know if it happened by chance or by fate yet. This is a fateful encounter that can change her destiny—this is a beginning of the new story of the magical girls.

10:15 - OVA Slot
Yoroko
SPAMM Publicity Chair

Re: Spring 2015 Schedule!

Postby Sportsman225 on Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:58 am

BLACK BULLET <3

I'm also glad to see Phi-Brain and FMA:B continuing.
Sportsman225
SPAMM Librarian

Postby Zaku on Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:59 am

Randomly decided to turn bbcode off so I can't say what I want to. Boo.
Zaku
Super Senior Otaku

Postby tony-kun on Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:22 am

Yoroko wrote:Shio Ogura is a Japanese high school student, who is visiting Taiwan on a school trip when she is suddenly attacked by monsters. Agents known as "E-Gene Holders" from the government agency DOGOO also arrive, who wield weapons infused with the spirits of historical figures. Shio is revealed to also be an E-Gene Holder when the soul of Oda Nobunaga awakens after she tries to rescue a friend.

Oh man :lol: If you told me this was the winning entry in a "make up a ridiculous early 2000s anime premise" contest, I would believe you.
tony-kun
正義のAlumnus

Postby Zake on Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:21 pm

Really good to see that Madoka is on that schedule. Though, I have concerns with that description...
Spoiler:
That is about the most deceivingly Trollfacy premise summary of that series that you will likely find. I read that summary, and the only thing I can see is Akiyuki Shinbo's pan-ultimate shit-eating grin.
Haiku, On Defeat:
Vanquished, my team lacked
Unity, teleporters;
Blame my ISP

"Cubic Time" - Cubes

[img]http://www.anime-planet.com/users/images/signatures/Zake.jpg[/mg]
This count is very out of date. Should probably update my profile...
Zake
Ex-Vice President / Richard Hawk

Postby chronomeister on Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:55 pm

Swagel please. If you'd have been a hipster at the time, this is exactly the kind of description we got when the season started. Ume Aoki had very cute descriptions of all the characters in the promo materials. I couldn't get it on the schedule at the time despite being an officer because why the fuck would you put on some crappy mediocre magical girl anime.
Spoiler:
And then 2 days after the schedule was finalized, episode 3 happened.

Also glad to Nozaki-kun on the schedule. Although part of me is like "what other choice did you have if you wanted to show something of the genre 'Not already on the schedule'?"
()~ KIRABOSHI!
its a good day to do what has to be done by me - John Freeman
chronomeister
Digital Champion

Postby Zake on Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:58 pm

My root concern, really, was that people would dismiss the show, based off that description.
Spoiler:
Believe me, though, when I say this -- I have that very same shit-eating grin when I manage to get someone to actually watch Madoka. The conversation topic always changes from "Why am I watching this?" to "Why am I not always watching this?" I like this series for many of the same reasons that I like Giant Robo, and there is no need to forgive it for hilariously lop-sided production quality, as Madoka's production quality is fantastic throughout. The ending twist is very nearly "Giant Robo"-sized in proportion, as well.
Haiku, On Defeat:
Vanquished, my team lacked
Unity, teleporters;
Blame my ISP

"Cubic Time" - Cubes

[img]http://www.anime-planet.com/users/images/signatures/Zake.jpg[/mg]
This count is very out of date. Should probably update my profile...
Zake
Ex-Vice President / Richard Hawk

Postby Zaku on Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:35 pm

Sometimes I hate this forum. Anyway, it could be worse.
Zaku
Super Senior Otaku

Return to Club & Forum Affairs