Spring 2014 Schedule

Check out what's happening at SPAMM. If you are new to the forums, check this forum for the Forum Rules and Registration/Posting Instructions.

Moderators: Megaton, Niehaus, Moderators

Spring 2014 Schedule

Postby Sequence on Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:17 pm

Spring 2014 Schedule:

Meetings will be held in Doudna 103 at 6:00 pm, except for February 11th, February 25th, March 11th, April 1st, April 8th, which will be in Doudna 136 at 6:00 pm.
First meeting is January 21st.

6:00 -- Social Hour/SPAMM Tournament
7:00 -- Club Meeting/Announcements
7:05 – Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
7:30 – Working!!
7:55 – Accel World
8:20 – Sergeant Frog
8:45 – Break
9:00 – Shingeki no Kyojin / Attack on Titan
9:25 – Demon Detective Nougami Neuro
9:50 – Valvrave the Liberator
10:15 – To Be Announced

7:05 – Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
In 2010, the Britannian Empire enslaved Japan using powerful mecha known as Knightmares; in the aftermath Japan was renamed Area 11, and its people began a hard and terrible existence. Lelouch, a Britannian student living in Area 11, has grown up hating the Empire and everything it stands for. One day, in the middle of a terrorist attack, Lelouch meets a mysterious girl who grants him the ability to control minds. Can he use his new power to fight for freedom, or will his hatred twist his good intentions into mindless acts of vengeance?

Themes: Mecha, Sci Fi, Revenge, Political, Psychological, Superpowers

7:30 - Working!!
Self-professed lover of all things small and cute, Souta Takanashi finds himself dragooned into working at the Wagnaria family restaurant by the diminutive and vivacious Poplar Taneshima. Though the pay is reasonable and the clientele polite, the high school student is often at his wits' end when dealing with the quirky staff. If the indifferent and street-tough manager, katana-carrying floor chief, and terminally weak Poplar weren't enough, Souta frequently fears for his life, as every encounter with the violently androphobic Inami ends in injury. How long can he survive before the combined stress and harm do him in?

Themes: Comedy, Slice Of Life

7:55 – Accel World
In a world where everyone connects to an online network, pudgy Haruyuki Arita can't seem to catch a break. Constantly bullied, afraid to face reality and paranoid his two childhood friends pity him, the teenager uses online games as a way to escape his problems. But things change one day when Haruyuki's beautiful upperclassman Kuroyukihime approaches him with a mysterious time-decelerating program known as Brain Burst - there‘s just one catch. To keep the ability, he must defeat other Brain Burst wielders in Accel World, an exclusive, virtual MMORPG, and the newbie player will need all the help he can get. Eager to prove he's not a pathetic weakling, Haruyuki joins forces with Kuroyukihime to challenge fierce competitors and discover just how incredible Accel World and he truly are.

Themes: Sci Fi

8:20 – Sergeant Frog
As the mighty star fleet of the planet Keron prepare their invasion of Earth, Sergeant Keroro and his elite team of commandos have been sent to infiltrate the enemy strongholds and gather as much intelligence as possible. However, it seems even his extensive military training is no match for the forces of Earth, as he is discovered and captured by the two middle school siblings, Fuyuki and Natsumi. Submitted to the rigorous torture of housework duty, the amphibious Keroro must now bide his time, covertly locate his squad-mates, and resume his mission of conquest!

Themes: Comedy, Aliens

9:00 - Shingeki No Kyojin / Attack on Titan
In case you want the old one back http ://offshoreanime.files. wordpress.com/2012/11/kyojin.jpg
Over a century ago, mankind was devoured by giant beings of unknown intelligence and origin known as Titans – creatures that eat humans alive indiscriminately and for no apparent reason. The remaining population has managed to survive the last hundred years only by building a multi-walled city capable of keeping the Titans at bay, training military recruits to patrol the perimeter and gather intelligence about their mysterious foe. Eren and Mikasa have lived a relatively peaceful life behind the city's walls, but when a massive Titan appears, smashing the outer barrier and unleashing a wave of terror, their lives are brutally changed forever...

Themes: Action, Horror, Violence

9:25 – Demon Detective Nougami Neuro
The always-hungry Yako Katsuragi is a super famous high school-aged detective who cracks the hardest of cases with ease – at least, that’s what the general populace thinks! Behind the scenes, Yako is helped by Neuro – a maniacal being from the demon world who is looking for new mysteries to devour. Alongside local detectives and a helpful sidekick, Yako and Neuro will solve the unique and the bizarre cases that plague the city; but will Yako ever discover the truth behind her father’s supposed "suicide"?

Themes: Mystery, Supernatural, Detectives

9:50 – Valvrave the Liberator
In the future, Earth is split into three factions: Dorssia, an empire bent on world domination; ARSUS, a military alliance; and Jiro, a collection of neutral states with colonies across the galaxy. On one such colony, Haruto Tokishima lives a carefree life at Sakimori High, where his greatest concern is mustering the courage to confess to his childhood friend, Shouko. His idyllic life is broken, however, when a team of Dorssian super-soldiers, led by the enigmatic L-elf, assaults the colony to retrieve the 'Valvrave', a mobile suit secretly being constructed there. In the resulting chaos, Haruto watches as Shouko disappears within a laser’s blast; enraged, he climbs into the now accessible Valvrave, and defeats the Dorssian army after forsaking his humanity to the machine. Haruto pledges to protect the colony, but can he come to terms with what he's given up to gain such power?

Themes: Action, Mecha, Sci Fi, Outer Space, War

10:15 - OVA Slot
A different, almost random OVA every week!

*descriptions taken from animeplanet
Sequence

Re: Spring 2014 Schedule

Postby jman on Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:30 pm

Accel World!?!

YAHOO!
jman
Junior Otaku

Postby chronomeister on Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:40 am

Damn I was too late in lobbying for Aquarion: EVOL. Not that Geass or Valvrave are bad, just not as good.
()~ KIRABOSHI!
its a good day to do what has to be done by me - John Freeman
chronomeister
Digital Champion

Postby Bootkiller on Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:50 am

Aquarion: EVOL would have been pretty good. The philosophical exploration of donuts is one of the best things about that show. I'm pretty happy with this schedule though.

Also, I probably should edit the main post to include the fact that we will be showing the second season of Working!! and Attack on Titan this semester.

"There can be only one, like in that foreign movie where there could be only one, and in the end there was only one dude left, because that was the point." Kenji Setou, Katawa Shoujo
"And then Gordon Freeman came along and beat the bear cub to death with a crowbar. Mission accomplished." -Kanagawa Bancho, OMGWTFOTL
Bootkiller
SPAMM Librarian

Postby Sportsman225 on Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:42 am

I'm really happy with this schedule. All of the shows sound great. I'm really looking forward to Valvrave the Liberator and Accel World. They sound great.
Sportsman225
SPAMM Librarian

Postby chronomeister on Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:52 pm

I have just realized that SERCETPLAN that I forgot to execute last semester is possible to execute this semester. If I remember it this time.
()~ KIRABOSHI!
its a good day to do what has to be done by me - John Freeman
chronomeister
Digital Champion

Postby Malarky on Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:45 pm

What episode is Attack on Titan starting at?

2<3... But who doesn't?
Malarky
SPAMM President Fall 2010-Spring 2013

Postby Bootkiller on Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:24 pm

I know we had finished episode 13 last semester, but I don't know whether we'll be doing the 13.5 review episode, or simply going with episode 14. I was thinking of showing a certain 20-minute video during break or something that would be a suitable review.

"There can be only one, like in that foreign movie where there could be only one, and in the end there was only one dude left, because that was the point." Kenji Setou, Katawa Shoujo
"And then Gordon Freeman came along and beat the bear cub to death with a crowbar. Mission accomplished." -Kanagawa Bancho, OMGWTFOTL
Bootkiller
SPAMM Librarian

Postby kathy~ on Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:26 pm

Dat picture.
kathy~

Return to Club & Forum Affairs