The Music of Awesome Stuff That is Happening

This area is for topics not covered in other areas...you know, general topics.

Moderators: tony-kun, Megaton, Niehaus, Moderators

The Music of Awesome Stuff That is Happening

Postby Bootkiller on Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:37 pm

The basic idea is to post music that you like that plays generally when someone's doing a cool thing.

Doesn't have to be anime, doesn't even have to be music written specifically for awesome things. It could just be a song you feel would play in your head when you're doing something cool.

Here are some of my examples:

I'll Face Myself
from Persona 4

It would be good of me to point out that this song is remixed like eight times throughout the game, and that I just picked one of the versions with a faster beat. I honestly like all of the versions.

Libera Me From Hell
from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Of course, a well known show built upon the concept of "Awesome People doing Awesome Things" would have a song that fits this theme. There's just something about the Engrish rapping that pumps me up.

I'll Libera Myself From Hell
a mashup of I'll Face Myself and Libera Me From Hell by BotanicSage

Okay, this is not really fair. But fuck it, I REALLY like this mashup.

Before My Body Dries
from Kill la Kill

Of course I'd throw in a KLK track.

Right Hand From Behind
from Sekien no Inganock

Now here's one I doubt anyone's heard before. Sekien no Inganock is a beautiful Visual Novel about a world where everyone has mutated to varying degrees, some of which to the point of basically being monsters. We follow Gi, a back-alley doctor trying to make a living in the slums. This music is a fantastic orchestral piece that really gets me excited for the action scenes that take place. The fucking violin solo gets me every time I hear it.

The Decadent Dandy (King Knight Battle)
from Shovel Knight

It's really hard just picking one track from Shovel Knight, as the whole OST is fantastic. Second place goes to Strike the Earth! (Plains of Passage), but I just really like the boss battle music, which always remixes the stage music of that boss generally with a faster tempo.

"There can be only one, like in that foreign movie where there could be only one, and in the end there was only one dude left, because that was the point." Kenji Setou, Katawa Shoujo
"And then Gordon Freeman came along and beat the bear cub to death with a crowbar. Mission accomplished." -Kanagawa Bancho, OMGWTFOTL
Bootkiller
SPAMM Librarian

Re: The Music of Awesome Stuff That is Happening

Postby tony-kun on Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:02 pm

^^ That song was the best thing in the game.
tony-kun
正義のAlumnus

Postby Zake on Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:11 pm

Here's one I like, from Valkyria Chronicles for PS3:
Haiku, On Defeat:
Vanquished, my team lacked
Unity, teleporters;
Blame my ISP

"Cubic Time" - Cubes

[img]http://www.anime-planet.com/users/images/signatures/Zake.jpg[/mg]
This count is very out of date. Should probably update my profile...
Zake
Ex-Vice President / Richard Hawk

Postby Bootkiller on Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:10 am

I could basically say the entirety of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance's soundtrack is awesome, but I'll just post Rules of Nature:

As a bonus, I recently came across a musician on youtube who has taken all of the main boss themes from MGR:R and redone them using only kazoos and an acoustic guitar.

It's fantastic.

"There can be only one, like in that foreign movie where there could be only one, and in the end there was only one dude left, because that was the point." Kenji Setou, Katawa Shoujo
"And then Gordon Freeman came along and beat the bear cub to death with a crowbar. Mission accomplished." -Kanagawa Bancho, OMGWTFOTL
Bootkiller
SPAMM Librarian

Postby jman on Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:49 am

Did someone say Hyrule Warriors soundrack? No? Well, too bad.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Those who create idiot-proof products severely underestimate the ingenuity of idiots. -Douglas Adams

Steam: jman183
jman
Junior Otaku

Return to General Discussion Area